Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Mike Homes ripped out my solar system

Just heard from the home owner so I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Seems he was doing a whole house reno and just ripped out the tank and piping and stuck it on the lawn........grrrrrrrr.....

Nice! Too bad he won't be calling you to put it back in? Or better yet bash you of how badly it was put in....

Solar systems suck!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Nice! Too bad he won't be calling you to put it back in? Or better yet bash you of how badly it was put in....
    Mike won't but the home owner did and it was working fine. I have no idea what he will say when the show comes out, if anything. I should send Mikey a bill for replacing it.

Mike, keep us posted in case there is a mention of your system in the show. I wanna see what kinda nonsense he can come up with

Maybe there was roofing damage so it must be removed to effect other repairs. Don't jump to conclusions. Wait for facts. You can bill him for replacement only if you do the work. Until then, why not wait and see what comes of it all. BTW, there is an 'L' in his name: Mike Holmes

This a job he's doing for his show? Since it's in the yard not a dumpster, maybe hearthman called it right.

Wow now you will be famous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, that guy is such a drama queen.
    I remember an episode where he went crazy because a furnace vent was terminated like 2 feet away from a condenser saying it could ignite raw gas causing an explosion and saying it was against the B149.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I remember an episode where he went crazy because a furnace vent was terminated like 2 feet away from a condenser saying it could ignite raw gas causing an explosion and saying it was against the B149.
    LMAO. Fear sells!!
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

I don't know any Canadian codes. Was it a violation, or not?

No

Owwwww...the managers whose properties I inspect call me "MIke Holmes"...I HOPE not because I'm a drama queen.

...alas, sigh, groan...I shall lose much sleep over this as he is one of my heroes... ;-)
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast