+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Size/btu rating of Lennox Heat Pump System?

Post Likes

Size/btu rating of Lennox Heat Pump System?

I need help finding out what the size/btu rating of a Lennox Heat Pump System.

Heat pump: Model# HP25-461-1P

Air Handler: Model# CB19-51-2P

This was a matched system installed in 1994. I am again trying to find the btu/size of the complete system.

Thanks

Post Likes
    it is 3.5 ton outdoor unit on a 4 ton indoor, or 46k btu rated outdoor unit with a 51k btu indoor, nominal ratings
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Post Likes
    3.5ton h/p
    air handler is 4ton and has an optional 3ton txv or 4ton txv

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacman14 View Post
    it is 3.5 ton outdoor unit on a 4 ton indoor, or 46k btu rated outdoor unit with a 51k btu indoor, nominal ratings
    So you are saying this units cooling cap. Is 46,000 btu's cooling? If so then it would be a (3.5) ton that when paired with air handler is providing 3.7-3.8 worth of cooling.

If that is the case as I read it then that combo is almost like a (4) ton. I had a customer ask me today what size system he had and I could tell that the outdoor was (3.5) ton but did not know what the overall cap. Was with the air handler match.

Thanks now i can give him the correct answer.

Post Likes
    could not find a match with cb19 air handler, with a cb30m-51 it matched at 42,000btu's and around 12.5seer, 8.7hspf

Post Likes
    I have found the outdoor heat pump in my Prestons's Guide and according to it the btu's are 39,500 manfactored in 1994 with 11.4 seer rating. I just can't find the air handler match to see if when paired together gives more btus?

The same unit manfactored in 1995 would have been a 12.4 seer with 41,000 btus. I know this unit was installed in 1994 due to serial number.

Post Likes

Lennox Heat pump question

I don't believe that is a match please see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by texahoma View Post
    I don't believe that is a match please see attached.
    Thanks for the info. I guess his system has been mismatched for 18 plus because that is the HEAT PUMPS Model # and the Air Handler Model #.

Post Likes
    The model numbers that i listed are what the customer system is using. I am not a lennox contrator so i all i know is that is what the system is in the customers home for 18 plus years!

Post Likes
    i doubt it was a mismatch, current Lennox literature probably just goes back to the last year the condensing unit was made. cb19 was an earlier model and probably matched that unit at the time it was installed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    3.5ton h/p
    I wonder why it only has a 3 ton or 4 ton txv listed? I mean if the outdoor unit is 3.5 tons then the txv selection would not match.

I most be missing something? Because with a 4 ton txv on air handler and not a 3.5 wouldnt the system not meter right? I could be over thinking this!!!

Post Likes
    lennox only used 2 expansion valves, 1-3 ton and 3-5 ton.

rethinking that, if it's a flare valve there were more sizes and if a chatliff valve there are only 2.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    3.5ton h/p
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    lennox only used 2 expansion valves, 1-3 ton and 3-5 ton.

rethinking that, if it's a flare valve there were more sizes and if a chatliff valve there are only 2.
    Well that makes perfect since. The customer called me today and wants to replace the system due ton age and past problems.

Thank goodness I performed a load cal. While i was at his home! (slow day). The house is 2032 square foot with double pane metal windows, R-11 in the walls and R-19 insulation in the attic.

My load is showing me the home requires 3.7 tons to cool to 72 degress per customer request. My seniable date matches the load but sizing does not!!! The actual size of the system that i thinking of recommended is (3.5) trane XL15i matched with tam7 air handler to deliver 43,000 btus of cooling and roughly 32,000 sensiable cap.

I don't want to install a (4) ton system due to sen. Date being perfect for the home but the size does not match.

What do you guys think? (3.5) ton or
    (4) ton? Thanks

Post Likes

TXV

Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    I wonder why it only has a 3 ton or 4 ton txv listed? I mean if the outdoor unit is 3.5 tons then the txv selection would not match.

I most be missing something? Because with a 4 ton txv on air handler and not a 3.5 wouldnt the system not meter right? I could be over thinking this!!!
    Yes Lennox used two different expansion valves there part numbers as I remember are 56J20 & 56J21 respectively. They are R22 TXV's. Not sure if they are the same number.

Post Likes

Load

Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    Well that makes perfect since. The customer called me today and wants to replace the system due ton age and past problems.

Thank goodness I performed a load cal. While i was at his home! (slow day). The house is 2032 square foot with double pane metal windows, R-11 in the walls and R-19 insulation in the attic.

My load is showing me the home requires 3.7 tons to cool to 72 degress per customer request. My seniable date matches the load but sizing does not!!! The actual size of the system that i thinking of recommended is (3.5) trane XL15i matched with tam7 air handler to deliver 43,000 btus of cooling and roughly 32,000 sensiable cap.

I don't want to install a (4) ton system due to sen. Date being perfect for the home but the size does not match.

What do you guys think? (3.5) ton or
    (4) ton? Thanks
    What does the engineering data from Trane tell you?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in