Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhust fan

I believe it is a Cook fan Charlie

They run CCW

The majority depends on if you work for chain restaurants with the same equipment. I would think the answer could go either way... fun to think about though.

The only true way to find the rotation is to look at the spines on the blower cage.

Feel sorry for kids who grow up with digital watches
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by Lusker
    If you walk through a door from the outside does the air rush in with you or push against you to the outside? To properly set up a balance you should have the building slightly NEGATIVE thus when opening an outside door the air should gently push its way to the outside.

You mean positive right?

Ex Fans

95% turn CCW at least in my neck of the woods. But it pays to check. Sucking all the AC through the serving window should makes the cooks happy. Look around the edge of the walls where the drop ceiling meets it. V shaped tracks where air is being sucked in. Don't even talk about the back draft on a gas water heater unless it's in a truly sealed room in the restaurant. If the plumbing is overhead you will get frozen pipes in some places. Some hoods have no make-up air ducts in them so all of it has to be dumped into the kitchen. Then there is the problem of knocking the air curtain out of the new style sandwich box. Restaurants, what a mess.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Originally posted by Lusker
    Sounds like you work for me
    Best I can tell I work for the government until sometime in June
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Second that motion

I agree with ARPA if you increase HP and RPM on an under sized duct system you will have more issues then you started with. Like trying to suck ten gallons of water per minute through a 3/4 inch pipe rated at 3.4 gallons per minute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12