Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just had a new Bryant system installed and im having a strange problem with the media filter detection. After tech left message displayed CLEAN OR REPLACE AIR FILTER,I checked usage and it displayed 100%.I tried to reset it and it would not reset.Of course when tech returned it was reading 0% used .The control was ok for 2 days then it went to 100% again,now its currently reading 30% with only 1 day of heating usage.Also is there a way to calibrate the o.a.t. sensor mine seems to be off by 8 f.Thanks in advance

Have you got something else in there restricting airflow, perhaps periodically?

On the OAT: Those will pick up radiant heat, like if the sun is shining on it or heat radiating off the side of the house. Careful discertion is advisable with it's placement. Maybe it could stand to be moved.

I concur; The sensor may be still in the cabinet of the od; Filter monitor proably sensing under sized duct or other restriction; Correct your restriction, and or set airflow to comfort, and or choose EAC as filter type in installation setup (it times the EAC notice)

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Filter Alert showing that much used up ,indicates that the system static(resistance to air flow)is too high,if so this should be corrected as it costs more to run the indoor fan,rather then just changing the setting to an Electronic Filter.

Ask them to show you what the static is ,the Infinity Control ,will display it.

Make sure they set up the date, i've seen these things act funny without it.

I noticed that if I pushed down lightly above scroll button when it indicated 100% it would switch back to 0%.Possible problem with the board? Currently it has not been cool enough to run the heat,still indicates 0% since I reset it.

I checked the static readings on stat.
    Heat low 669 cfms,0.27 static
    Heat high1331 cfms,0.85 static
    A.C. 875cfm,0.48 static. Are any of these reasons for concearn,also while pushing lightly on stat above scroll button 100% resets back to 0% as if board has loose connection causing incorrect reading.Thanks

.85" is probably way too high. Did they check the static of your old system? If possible, they should always do this before installing an Evolution system. Did you have any ductwork done? I believe the system will actually shut down to protect itself at 1.0". Sounds like you may need some ductwork modifications.

The static press. was not checked on the old system,I had a new 8x24 return drop installed, 2 ceiling returns on 2nd.fl. 1 in each bed rm. and a low return on 1st fl. with a damper to shut of 2nd. fl. returns in winter.

They need to check the static of the supply and return separately,to see which one it the major part of the .85,and rework to ducts to get it below .7 ,IMHO,lower since you'll be spending some money is a better idea.

A lower static will cost less to run the fan,I ask if they can get it below .5 .

Did you add a "better filter" with the install?They are often the cause of higher static.

I had a media filter cabinet installed with a 20x25x4 Bryant merv 8 air filter.Who should I contact to resolve the duct condition.Im a pro auto tech for a new car dealer with vast automotive hvac experiance could you please help me to better understand static pressure drop in residential hvac systems.thanks again

Unlike what you see in automotive,the equipment most have the duct (air moving side) designed,by a Pro, to match the equipments ability to move air.

Static is the resistance to air flow,your system ,on high has too much static(resistance),the equipment was built to handle this,without problems.

If you could replace that filter with a standard one,you'd see a drop in static.

Your systems controller uses static to determine a dirty filter ,it won't work correctly with a static that high.They can turn off that feature and use time to determine filter chyanges,but that's not the best solution.

The duct system can be modified to reduce the static.

Dash thanks for the info,who would be the best bet to work on the duct system & can any damage result from the .85 on high flame keep in mind that 2nd. stage does not come on that often.Im still leary of the controller where it is now indicating either 0 or 100% with no reading in between.Will the .85 on high flame cause the controller to act like this or does it normally indicate some % in between then go to 100% ? Thanks again you guys have been great! I have learned a great deal here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast