Thread: Vacuum pump oil

Vacuum pump oil

is the any difference in oil brands, any better then others. any ones to stay away from.

I think as long as you are changing it you are ahead of most. I use whatever brand is available.

I use Appion TEZOM Micron-Dry Oil in my TEZ-8. I love the TEZ-8 so much we bought a second one.
    Here's how Appion describe their oil - "Hydrophobic Formulation repels moisture and dirt - stays dry even after exposure to humid atmospheric conditions." I don't have any complaints about the oil.

After dismantling one of our old vacuum pumps and seeing the gunk in the oil reservoir I am more all the more pleased with the TEZ-8 see-though oil bottle and easy oil changes.

I have noticed the totalline oil settles out. It gets a dark brown layer in the bottom. Goes away when you shake it buuuut that doesn't seem right to me. Can't think of the brand we use that I like but it is a lot lighter in color so it is a little easier to see what's happening in your pump. Keeping it flushed and clean is you big thing though. I have wondered the same thing about which is best. If you changed a pumps oil regularly- when it wears out: was it from junky oil, contaminates, a combo who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I use Appion TEZOM Micron-Dry Oil in my TEZ-8. I love the TEZ-8 so much we bought a second one.
    Here's how Appion describe their oil - "Hydrophobic Formulation repels moisture and dirt - stays dry even after exposure to humid atmospheric conditions." I don't have any complaints about the oil.

After dismantling one of our old vacuum pumps and seeing the gunk in the oil reservoir I am more all the more pleased with the TEZ-8 see-though oil bottle and easy oil changes.
    It is an impressive machine. We don't buy the oil though. Dump out container flush and refill with a gallon jug. The one tez we had was tortured on wet systems and long runs. I don't know if we still have it but it had a heck of a ride.

I have used black gold by Jb with no problems but i change the oil almost every job

National refrigerants vacuum pump oil is the one I like. Couldn't remember the name of it.