Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Yeah, I believe our founding fathers were a rowdy bunch.......that's what the history channel said..........
    KX500......the original big green meanie

I'll join you in prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    Yeah, I believe our founding fathers were a rowdy bunch.......that's what the history channel said..........
    I just saw a couple of clips from that series. the history channel pointed out that most were merchants and farmers who wanted to cut ties with England. And in the end MOST of them lost their fortunes and businesses.

Getting back to the previous post, TV does not really tell you about the "person" of the founding fathers. There are many books of the writings of Adams, Jefferson, Franklin and others that show in their personal writings they were men of strong religious conviction.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    I'll join you in prayer.
    Than you Rob for joining us!

Anyone who believes our country is in trouble and thinks seeking God to deliver us from this mess we made... is welcome.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I just saw a couple of clips from that series. the history channel pointed out that most were merchants and farmers who wanted to cut ties with England. And in the end MOST of them lost their fortunes and businesses.

Getting back to the previous post, TV does not really tell you about the "person" of the founding fathers. There are many books of the writings of Adams, Jefferson, Franklin and others that show in their personal writings they were men of strong religious conviction.

Uh.... you might want to do a little research and read what the founding fathers had to say about religion....

Im sure there were deep down religious men among the founding fathers....but for the most part many of them were like christians in america today..... Christians in name only who go thru the motions.....

Had the founding fathers decided to form this country with roots in christianity and the bible....we would see some mention of it in their writings and the early documents of this nation.

We dont see it.....they didnt write about it..... so..... some wackjob blowhards writing about it today doesnt make it so.

As for "tv" shows, movies, books etc.... ....... they present the truth in its raw 100 percent true form........if you agree with their content......lol

Yes, read their writings..... and not something that someone wrote about their writings..... because people...for some reason...always seem to get different meanings from a mans words if their personal beliefs dont agree with what the original writer wrote down.

Like that wackjob that wrote that book about Jefferson.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Just some trivia here..... but I read that after Jefferson wrote the preamble to the constitution.... part of which you have copied and pasted into your post.... that he personally tied several of his slaves that he had with him to a fence post and began beating them with a whip while screaming over and over again...."All men are created equal"...... Ben Franklin and John Adams finally tackled him and calmed him down before he killed those boys...
    Ben Franklin was somewhere in his 80's when the Constitution was written/ signed. I doubt he was able to go around tackling anyone. Of course I don't find anymore of that paragraph anymore believable either.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Than you Rob for joining us!

Anyone who believes our country is in trouble and thinks seeking God to deliver us from this mess we made... is welcome.

So to be welcomed into your prayer fest you have to believe that the country is in a mess and only can be righted by God?

You are not welcomed if you just want to pray that Gods will ge done for the country? Or want to pray to God for personal needs and feel the country is doing OK?

How bout if someone wants to pray for the country to allow gay marriage? Are those people welcome to join GAs prayer session?

Seems like your little group is sort of exclusionary.and politically oriented.

Why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    What part of SC are you? I live in Anderson
    I'm in North Myrtle Beach,

I'm pretty comfortable where I am spiritually right now so I don't want to give the impression I'm a lost soul. I just don't have that 100% knowledge that my belief in God is the only truth that some of you claim to have. If you feel like listening to something this might give you a better idea of where I'm at some of the time.
    http://www.oldnewtimer.com/mp3s/born_again.mp3
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So to be welcomed into your prayer fest you have to believe that the country is in a mess and only can be righted by God?

You are not welcomed if you just want to pray that Gods will ge done for the country? Or want to pray to God for personal needs and feel the country is doing OK?

How bout if someone wants to pray for the country to allow gay marriage? Are those people welcome to join GAs prayer session?

Seems like your little group is sort of exclusionary.and politically oriented.

Why am I not surprised.
    GA is a Christian; GA prays to the God of the Judeo/Christian faith. Most of the folks I know who are of the Christian faith also study their Bible and KNOW God (either through Scripture or through a personal relationship).

Other than Cool, each of the 8 folks in this group (no, this is not a secret society or a special fraternity), are of the same mind. BTW: GA can think of more professing Christians that post at ARP... lets see if they get on board.

Any person here is welcome to join the movement, or not. Folks who are not Christians (and/or do not believe in prayer), may not enjoy the focus of the group, due to the simple reality of not having a common interest or beliefs.

Just a side note: For the last few days, as GA runs calls, GA has been looking around to see how many churches have signs out concerning the 40 days prayer movement. So far, GA has counted over 10... it would appear this 40 days of prayer is a movement within the Christian community. And earlier today at the church GA attends (the pastor started the movement at our church also), it was noted a number of nationally syndicated (radio and TV) Christian broadcasters are on the movement also. Seems this thread may be a tiny decimal of one percent of the movement in the USA... So it would appear this is not just someone posting on a small political forum on the internet. I suspect if one googles the subject, they will find more than they realized.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'm in North Myrtle Beach,

I'm pretty comfortable where I am spiritually right now so I don't want to give the impression I'm a lost soul. I just don't have that 100% knowledge that my belief in God is the only truth that some of you claim to have. If you feel like listening to something this might give you a better idea of where I'm at some of the time.
    http://www.oldnewtimer.com/mp3s/born_again.mp3
    Cool you should try out this church www.newspring.cc they just started a campus in myrtle beach earlier this year, not sure where they meet but you could watch the service online today at 4 or 6pm. It may not be your cup of tea but this church has done wonders for my family and community.

GA is a Christian; GA prays to the God of the Judeo/Christian faith. Most of the folks I know who are of the Christian faith also study their Bible and KNOW God (either through Scripture or through a personal relationship).

(no, this is not a secret society or a special fraternity), are of the same mind.

Any person here is welcome to join the movement, or not. Folks who are not Christians (and/or do not believe in prayer), may not enjoy the focus of the group, due to the simple reality of not having a common interest or beliefs.
    What it is is an exclusionary group.

Those in your words who KNOW God.

Those who share a common interest or belief or FOCUS of the group.

And as I stated in a previous post is that you should simply man up and just say so if that is what you believe.

Even though you claimed originally that that was not the case.

Got any more of those smoke bombs left to cover up what you and your prayer groups real agenda is?

You are not fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    What it is is an exclusionary group.

Those in your words who KNOW God.

Those who share a common interest or belief or FOCUS of the group.

And as I stated in a previous post is that you should simply man up and just say so if that is what you believe.

Even though you claimed originally that that was not the case.

Got any more of those smoke bombs left to cover up what you and your prayer groups real agenda is?

You are not fooling anyone.
    Sometimes there is just not enough common ground to communicate... so:

MCJO, you are on ignore for a while... we will see in a few weeks or mos if things change... bye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Sometimes there is just not enough common ground to communicate... so:

MCJO, you are on ignore for a while... we will see in a few weeks or mos if things change... bye.
    Lets just be clear here.

I am on YOUR ignore list not anything related to this forum or site.

Perhaps as you have previously predicted when Romney wins the election Easily and all your prayers have been granted and have resulted in such a Miracle you will allow me to be removed off your ignore list.

I won't hold my breath.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast