Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 176
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    My original post started out with a question asking for clarification.
    I never said you mentioned a specific candidate but that a specific candidate could easily be implied from your post.
    Its common knowledge that the Christian right prefers Romney over Obama in the election.
    Had you not mentioned the election in your OP then there would have been less of an implication that part of the prayer was for a victory for Romney. Like I said it may not have been your or the Pastor's intent but once the "election" is thrown in the same paragraph as prayer its very easy to draw that assumption. Religion has no place in politics or government, period. Morals & conscience however do, & no one should need a church to tell them how to vote.
    Yes, I agree... there should be NO connection between organized religion (including Christianity) and politics... However for one to think in terms of God's leadership (as seen in the Scriptures) when they make decisions about politics... well this is NOT a connection between organized religion and politics. Might want to think that one through a bit to understand.

    BTW: I know some Christians who voted for BHO in 2008... however I do not know a single one that has not wised up this time.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Wow!
    That is one of the most arrogant & prejudice statements I've heard yet.
    At least you came up with a justification for the Inquisition.
    Actually not...

    Here is a question; How much time have any of us spent this calendar year helping others with NO reward whatsoever? I am not speaking of helping my next door neighbor cut down a tree, knowing next week he will help me clean out the crawl space. Rather; scheduling a Saturday when I could be running calls or fishing or going on a day trip to the mountains... instead a bunch of (real) men gather at the Church (not knowing what we will be doing, or for whom). We spend the entire day helping someone that is in desperate circumstances... usually donating our own expertise, using our own tools, buying the stuff at HD with our own $$$, and when it is all done... all we get is a heartfelt THX of gratitude.

    So tell me guys/gals? How much of this kind of selfless giving of oneself have any of us done this calendar year?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I will pray with you. Christ alone is the only one that can save us and our country from our sinful nature and moral decline. No human politician or not can do it so I feel sorry for whichever man wins the election because they must promise things that can not be fulfilled by man. With that said I believe Romney will slow the pace of destruction considerably. Question: would you pay any more taxes than you are required to? I would much rather give my money to charities or my church because I know for a fact the money will get to where it is needed rather than lining some politicians pocket
    Hey J Trammel,

    THX for joining the group!

    Ok, now we have Hearth, Cool, Glenn, Shaygetz, Jtrammel, and GA... See what happens when a few men of God step out with their faith?

    THX guys for joining!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    I'm always late to the party, but count me in.

    This country was founded on the Judeo/Christian belief system and the further we are getting away from that, the worse the country is getting. Greed, theft, drugs, sex outside of marrage, violence, etc have all increased in geometric perportion to the distance we have gotten from God. If you can't see it it's because you don't want to.
    Wow, seems God is drawing out His people... this is wonderful!

    THX for joining the group Kls-ccc!

    We have grown to the perfect number of Scripture, 7; we have Hearth, Cool, Glenn, Shaygetz, Jtrammel, kls-ccc, and GA...

    And IMHO, there will be more!

    This is REALLY COOL guys, THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,801
    "We hold these truth's to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." This clearly mimics the teachings of the Bible in the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Yeah, but I bet that is not whats going on in GAs church.

    He can deny it all he wants but most here can see thru the smoke screen.

    If you want to pray for the country without a political intention then why was it necessary to include an election reference in the post?

    Wouldn't this have been better? "Fellow h-talk community please join me in prayers for our country."

    Guess not.
    Ever hear of what Jesus prayed the night before he was illegally and wrongly killed? It goes kinda like this:

    "Not My will, but Thine be done" (note caps for Jesus and God, showing respect for both).

    Ever think the church folks may be praying for God's will rather than their selfish desires...

    Christians do that ya know...

    Now if you ask me why... you will get a LONG explanation.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Evidence please that this country was founded on the Judeo/Christian belief system please. Something from the constitution would be nice since it is the most important document to americans and is what established our government...and therefore this country.

    Surely god is mentioned somewhere in it.......

    While the pilgrims may have been escaping religious persecution... they in fact actually were not persecuted by any means....they were actually the instigators of trouble in england and europe because they were trying to force their beliefs on others.....

    anyhow... while the pilgrims may have come here for pseudoreligious reasons......this country was founded because the people here wanted to be control of their own lives and not living under the thumb of england and having to send so much of the money generated in this land back to england.

    Money and power first off..... religion formed no part of the foundation of this great nation.
    Just use the search engine... there are lots of threads at H-talk ARP on this... as well as many other forums.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    "We hold these truth's to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." This clearly mimics the teachings of the Bible in the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America.
    GREAT post, THX!

    Note the word Creator is capitalized... a common reference to God almighty as noted in Scripture.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,801
    Also, the Ten Commandments are inscribed in the marble of the United States Supreme Court.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Also, the Ten Commandments are inscribed in the marble of the United States Supreme Court.
    As they are in literally EVERY state legislature in the country... Guess all 51 (not 57) buildings are all wrong?

    Good point JT!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,801
    You can search all over the constitution and not find any reference to "seperation of church and state" or any thing close, yet most people when asked if it is in the constitution they will say yes. If you claim that it is implied by the first amendment I would argue that the first amendment is there to protect religion from government interference not the other way around

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,801
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    You can search all over the constitution and not find any reference to "seperation of church and state" or any thing close, yet most people when asked if it is in the constitution they will say yes. If you claim that it is implied by the first amendment I would argue that the first amendment is there to protect religion from government interference not the other way around
    If you take a look at the Constitution of the Soviet Union you will see the contrast

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ever hear of what Jesus prayed the night before he was illegally and wrongly killed? It goes kinda like this:

    "Not My will, but Thine be done" (note caps for Jesus and God, showing respect for both).

    Ever think the church folks may be praying for God's will rather than their selfish desires...

    Christians do that ya know...

    Now if you ask me why... you will get a LONG explanation.


    Still setting off smoke bombs to cover up the fact that your church and prayers and post was all about the election.

    Its really not that big a deal if thats what you believe and you all want to pray for another president.

    I don't have a problem with that.

    What I do have a problem is with your deception and acting like that is not what you, your church, pastor, and congregation actually want and are praying for.

    Just man up and say so.

    And stop hiding behind the "thy will be done" excuse.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event