Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 176
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,779
    While you might have a couple of wealthy dems and republicans who give to charity out of the goodness of their heart. The vast majority of dems and republicans who are wealthy give in order to lower their tax bracket.

    Look at someone like Romney....or some wealthy dem..... they dont care about you or me or the poor..... they carry about themselves... Romney, Obama....any other wealthy individual would step over your dying kid on a sidewalk and keep on truckin without losing anything in their thought train.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    That would be Utah...
    Well here in Arizona most of the northern part of the state is mormon. Then you have Mesa and other areas.

    Just call us the other Utah.

    Just to let you all know.

    Very few Romney stickers anywhere here.

    You all are in big trouble.

    Better double up on the prayers, add fasting, and perhaps some holy rollers speaking in tongues would help.

    Can I get an AMEN!!

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It was not mentioned in the scripture but the election was mentioned in the same sentence with prayer
    "......the object of these 40 days of prayer is our nation and the election coming."
    Its not uncommon for churches to endorse one candidate over another & its quite common to assume a good Christian will vote Republican. I just wanted to be clear about whether there was any political direction we should assume from your post. It may not have been your intent but a lot here have already made that assumption.
    So show me in my post where I said a specific candidate?

    Fact is... this is an ASSUMPTION...

    Read the scripture again... the answer to the 40 days of prayer is in the Scripture.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX Bob!

    So we have so far:

    CoolWhip
    Hearthman
    GA...

    Lets see who else wants to join?
    Ok, now we have Hearth, Cool, Glenn, and GA...

    Anyone else want to sign on to pray for the country for 40 days?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    You know my heart buddy and where I came from...I'm with the Angel Joshua ran into when he asked, "Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?"

    I can only imagine what the Church in America would do at the answer...

    Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come.

    Is the Church ready to accept and comply with God's agenda---which usually does not line up with their's?
    Interesting thought there Bob... had not considered that scripture... However:

    Today is in a different covenant.

    I fully believe the USA (which used to be a Christian nation... that discussion is in many a thread at H-talk) is at a threshold... a good time for the 'remnant' to re-affirm their faith.

    Would you join us?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    While you might have a couple of wealthy dems and republicans who give to charity out of the goodness of their heart. The vast majority of dems and republicans who are wealthy give in order to lower their tax bracket.

    Look at someone like Romney....or some wealthy dem..... they dont care about you or me or the poor..... they carry about themselves... Romney, Obama....any other wealthy individual would step over your dying kid on a sidewalk and keep on truckin without losing anything in their thought train.
    I am not of the Mormon faith... however:

    I think we need some proof that Mitt Romney gave to Charity for a selfish reason... rather than because he wanted to help others.

    GA has been involved in ministry for most of his life (volunteer). GA has noticed the ones who REALLY WANT to help others are usually NOT the smooth charismatic speakers... rather the more humble and thoughtful and caring ones.

    BHO definitely does not fit that description... however Mitt seems to at some leve.

    Corny... you are quick to pass judgement on folks before you think out what you say (type). A word to the wise: Might think a little before throwing out these grand-standing and generalistic statements... that is:
    Unless your goal is other than to communicate truth.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,779
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am not of the Mormon faith... however:

    I think we need some proof that Mitt Romney gave to Charity for a selfish reason... rather than because he wanted to help others.

    GA has been involved in ministry for most of his life (volunteer). GA has noticed the ones who REALLY WANT to help others are usually NOT the smooth charismatic speakers... rather the more humble and thoughtful and caring ones.

    BHO definitely does not fit that description... however Mitt seems to at some leve.

    Corny... you are quick to pass judgement on folks before you think out what you say (type). A word to the wise: Might think a little before throwing out these grand-standing and generalistic statements... that is:
    Unless your goal is other than to communicate truth.
    GA, you wouldnt know the truth from a hole in the ground...... you are the email king on here...passing that garbage around that is so easily proven false.

    Nothing about Romney seems to cast him as a "giver"...... He is just like the other ultra wealthy individuals in this world....

    He giveth to relieveth the tax burden.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,185
    If prayer comes from the heart, then i do not understand the specific need for 40 days. surely everyday?

    If you are looking for a large prayer, why not ask for enlightenment and acceptance for all. (i am sure many of the worlds, inc USA, problems would be reduced if we reading form the same Book, (not a specific book, only the truth what ever that will be )

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    He giveth to relieveth the tax burden.....

    I believe this is a mis conception. Just like people who say they end up making less money if they work more hours because of the extra taxes they pay. Sure if you give to charity you get a tax deduction but it is certainly less than what you gave. So bottom line if you give to charity you end up with less money in your pocket even after the deduction. Unless you have some information that I'm not aware of?

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    GA, you wouldnt know the truth from a hole in the ground...... you are the email king on here...passing that garbage around that is so easily proven false.

    Nothing about Romney seems to cast him as a "giver"...... He is just like the other ultra wealthy individuals in this world....

    He giveth to relieveth the tax burden.....
    Sorry dude (or are you a dudette?)... GA is too smart for you to bait into a vacation.

    Questions:... Do you know Mitt personally; Have you spent time with Mitt to know what kind of person he is; Do you have access to Mitt's checkbook; Do you know what Mitt does in his spare time?
    GA has a Washington (1$) that says the answer to all the above is NO.

    So; a wise person would not throw out accusations without some personal conviction (call that proof if you will) the statements are true.

    Seems I remember a post a while back that was VERY close (in GA's opinion too close) to slander or libel... with no proof. Curious a pattern of behavior is growing here.

    SO: in essence... GA is asking (not challenging or calling out) Corny to PROVE Mitt is just another rich jerk. GA does not believe the accusations... and what GA reads in multiple sources suggests GA is correct in saying Mitt does help the poor with $$$ donated to charity. So prove GA wrong.

    You have the floor...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    All you got is a prayer if you think that Romney is going to be the next POTUS.

    Pray on!!

    You will need a Miracle.

    Perhaps 40 days of fasting may also help.
    And some magic underwear
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,180
    Because most non-Christians do not understand or accept the precepts of Christianity they cannot accept that someone would willingly take care of a stranger. That is a Freudian slip showing their own true colors. Between Christians it is easy to accept and understand giving without strings attached or an ulterior motive. You see, Christians know they cannot buy their way into heaven by doing good works, yet they still do them. They know there is no direct financial gain in giving to others yet they continue to do so. This is foreign to non-Christians, which is why they feel they need to tax Christians and take control over who gets the money.

    Corny obviously does not understand money and taxation. You don't give away money in order to pay less in taxes any more than you buy a failing business for write-off. Both are misconceptions promulgated by the Left, who, btw, is largely responsible for our tax code. Regardless Corny, what do you feel about the total dollars Mitt gave to charity, church and misc. goodwill just in the last year? Compare that to the Obamas or Bidens?

    As for Romney's tax rate, he is being a savvy businessman to take full advantage of the tax code, AS WRITTEN BY THE LEFT to minimize his tax burden. That leaves more money for him to donate to charities and more money for investments that result in jobs. If Mitt has more net operating income, he has to put that money somewhere. He can put it in a shoebox under his front porch, which loses value due to inflation and helps no one. He can place it in a bank and collect a pitiful interest on it but at least that money will get loaned out to others for various needs. He can buy stocks, which helps other companies grow (read-jobs), or he can invest it directly. By that, I mean he might work with several other developers and builders to construct for example a shopping center. That property results in many people just planning and constructing the site and buildings. Then you put various businesses into those buildings, which results in jobs. Over time, those properties need maintenance and improvements, which means more jobs.
    Now, a common ratio used in commercial investing is 25% down and borrow the rest. Therefore, for every dollar Mitt invests, he can do a project four times greater in value. Bigger developments means many more jobs and more tax revenue into the coffers. Yes, he gets a nice return on his investment but HE is the one taking the risks and putting the deal together--not the guys on the street corner. He has the knowledge, drive, connections and savvy to work around government regulations, road blocks, strikes, etc. and get the job done. Guys sitting on the street corner cannot do these things, so why should they reap the rewards of his efforts? They are better off even while sitting on their thumbs because Mitt is paying money into the tax coffers, he is creating jobs, which improves the local economy and thus the local conditions improve. Soon, some of those guys on the corner are back working instead of being non-productive or possibly being tempted into crime.

    All that and the Left has a problem with Mitt making money.... I guess they enjoy living the way they do and where Obama wants to keep them. If guys like Mitt weren't making big money and doing big deals we would have more crime and misery. You guys just don't want to see the truth, which is one reason I have Corny blocked.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So show me in my post where I said a specific candidate?

    Fact is... this is an ASSUMPTION...

    Read the scripture again... the answer to the 40 days of prayer is in the Scripture.
    My original post started out with a question asking for clarification.
    I never said you mentioned a specific candidate but that a specific candidate could easily be implied from your post.
    Its common knowledge that the Christian right prefers Romney over Obama in the election.
    Had you not mentioned the election in your OP then there would have been less of an implication that part of the prayer was for a victory for Romney. Like I said it may not have been your or the Pastor's intent but once the "election" is thrown in the same paragraph as prayer its very easy to draw that assumption. Religion has no place in politics or government, period. Morals & conscience however do, & no one should need a church to tell them how to vote.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event