Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    GREAT post, THX!

Note the word Creator is capitalized... a common reference to God almighty as noted in Scripture.
    Does it say God Almighty?

No.

It says Creator.

IMO if they wanted it to say God almighty they would have written it that way.

After all, according to GA they where the smartest men who ever walked on this planet.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 09-29-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    mcjotech, deleted
    Be careful,

You are way out of line with this comment.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 09-29-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Actually not...

Here is a question; How much time have any of us spent this calendar year helping others with NO reward whatsoever? I am not speaking of helping my next door neighbor cut down a tree, knowing next week he will help me clean out the crawl space. Rather; scheduling a Saturday when I could be running calls or fishing or going on a day trip to the mountains... instead a bunch of (real) men gather at the Church (not knowing what we will be doing, or for whom). We spend the entire day helping someone that is in desperate circumstances... usually donating our own expertise, using our own tools, buying the stuff at HD with our own $$$, and when it is all done... all we get is a heartfelt THX of gratitude.

So tell me guys/gals? How much of this kind of selfless giving of oneself have any of us done this calendar year?
    All this has nothing to do with the post I responded to. The implication that anyone who is not a Christian will not understand what it is like to be charitable is absurd. It's bad enough to assume that everyone should believe what you believe but to assume no one else could be a good hearted giving person that doesn't share your religion is even worse. I find it offensive & being Jewish I have experienced the consequences of parents teaching stuff like that to their kids.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Be careful,

You are way out of line with this comment.
    It's a legitimate question!

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    It's a legitimate question!
    NO ITS NOT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    All this has nothing to do with the post I responded to. The implication that anyone who is not a Christian will not understand what it is like to be charitable is absurd. It's bad enough to assume that everyone should believe what you believe but to assume no one else could be a good hearted giving person that doesn't share your religion is even worse. I find it offensive & being Jewish I have experienced the consequences of parents teaching stuff like that to their kids.
    X2 except the Jewish part

Iron.....I suggest you apologize.

Note your post has been removed.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 09-29-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Still setting off smoke bombs to cover up the fact that your church and prayers and post was all about the election.

Its really not that big a deal if thats what you believe and you all want to pray for another president.

I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem is with your deception and acting like that is not what you, your church, pastor, and congregation actually want and are praying for.

Just man up and say so.

And stop hiding behind the "thy will be done" excuse.
    Dude,

Tell me something: Do you REALLY think folks will believe you know what goes on in my head more than I do?

Either you must be a mind reader... or a BS artist. I will leave it to the readers to individually make up their minds.

Oh, BTW: I told Corny this and will repeat it to you: You are not smart enough to goad GA into earning a mandatory vacation... so just give it up.

Back to the subject of the thread: 2 Chronicles 7:14:

"(If) My people who are called by My name (will) humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sins, and will heal their land."

Our country is a MESS... and only God can fix it.

Please join GA (and so far 6 more folks signed on) to pray for 40 days for our country and the election coming.
    Note there is NO reference to either who wins, or for that matter which election... GA could be talking about the local dog-catcher.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Who said what is highlited above?

Read GA's post again... It does NOT say that. If one read that into it... they did not read what GA posted.

There ARE two things I can say:
    1) Folks who ARE Christians AND practice the faith as instructed in Scripture... behave differently and from a different heart than others. (and)
    2) Folks who are not Christians do not understand.
    There is literally NO way I can explain it... just is.

However I can say this: Scripture says these things are Spiritually revealed by God to Gods' Children (Christians)... so obviously others would not see it.

Nothing against the Jewish race or faith... my Savior Jesus was of Jewish blood. However the Orthodox Jewish faith rejected Him, and still do. BTW: We have lots of Messianic Jewish temples here in Atlanta... I have visited a number of them and attended one for almost half a year (was dating a Messianic Jewish lady). Took a course there and learned a HUGE amount about the traditional Jewish faith; the feasts, the seasons, etc.

I will give the Jewish folks this: They are a LOT more zealous for their faith than most Christians.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Dude,

Tell me something: Do you REALLY think folks will believe you know what goes on in my head more than I do?

Either you must be a mind reader... or a BS artist. I will leave it to the readers to individually make up their minds.

Please join GA (and so far 6 more folks signed on) to pray for 40 days for our country and the election coming.
    Note there is NO reference to either who wins, or for that matter which election... GA could be talking about the local dog-catcher.
    I am OK with letting the readers decide.

You could be talking about the local dog-catcher but IMO you are not.

I am OK with the readers deciding on that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Iron.....I suggest you apologize.

Note your post has been removed.
    mcjoetch. i have always been one to follow good advice or at least advice from good men. Gib's son has counseled me to apologize. So in keeping with council from a man who has shown himself worthy of respect in everyway on this website and as I have noticed many others have respect for HIM in the day to day activities of the trade, not wishing to show HIM any disrespect , but rather to offer to Him all due respect, i apologize for what offended you. It wasn't apparent from the nature of your posts that you were in any way sensitive.so once again at the behest of Gib's son, I apologize. I would ave responded sooner but i had to go on a service call.

Kind of a half-a$$ed apology, isn't it?? Why don't you leave HIM and Gib's son out of it and apologize for yourself. Do you have too much pride?
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Let it go folks and move on.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast