Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well here in Arizona most of the northern part of the state is mormon. Then you have Mesa and other areas.

Just call us the other Utah.

Just to let you all know.

Very few Romney stickers anywhere here.

You all are in big trouble.

Better double up on the prayers, add fasting, and perhaps some holy rollers speaking in tongues would help.

Can I get an AMEN!!
    Interesting...thanks for the information

As for the other, I've already pulled my rattlesnakes out and commenced to running the backs of the pews...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    So how did you extract this from the post ?

All he said was that the country is in trouble and that people should join in prayer for the nations recovery.

Certainly no bias in positive energy...is there?
    Exactly!

Two churches that I know of doing the same thing here.
    Prayers for our country, no politics intended.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Interesting thought there Bob... had not considered that scripture... However:

Today is in a different covenant.

I fully believe the USA (which used to be a Christian nation... that discussion is in many a thread at H-talk) is at a threshold... a good time for the 'remnant' to re-affirm their faith.

Would you join us?
    I've never left you or the others at all, and would never consider not praying for each of you, your families or our nation. However...

...throughout Scripture, 40 days always represented coming judgement, not blessing as erroneously and repeatedly used by Rick Warren in his books, "The Purpose Driven Life" and "The Purpose Driven Church", both of which destroyed the church I was a member of. Any mass movement in the Church today has a taint about it for me now, and raises red flags that cannot be ignored. Even now I'm being told by my brethren and sisteren that I'm supposed to vote for a Mormon...for the good of my country...because anything is better than our current President.

I do not accept that premise or position, but rather...Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
    (1Co 10:12-15)

The Bible says that God's Wrath always abides on the wicked, therefore, it stands to reason that any blessing or curse on our nation comes and goes because of the Church's position (or lack thereof) in Christ, upon Whom the Wrath of God has already been poured out for us. Right now, the Church is choosing the idols of self reliance, political expediency and false presumption to name but a few. Our current situation is not unique, nor is it the first time God has used the Philistines to chastise His people. He waits for us to turn to Him, and the longer we flip and flop about trying to fix it ourselves, the worse it will get.

At least now you know why I don't last long in churches...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Because most non-Christians do not understand or accept the precepts of Christianity they cannot accept that someone would willingly take care of a stranger............ .
    Wow!
    That is one of the most arrogant & prejudice statements I've heard yet.
    At least you came up with a justification for the Inquisition.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

I will pray with you. Christ alone is the only one that can save us and our country from our sinful nature and moral decline. No human politician or not can do it so I feel sorry for whichever man wins the election because they must promise things that can not be fulfilled by man. With that said I believe Romney will slow the pace of destruction considerably. Question: would you pay any more taxes than you are required to? I would much rather give my money to charities or my church because I know for a fact the money will get to where it is needed rather than lining some politicians pocket

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    GA, you wouldnt know the truth from a hole in the ground...... you are the email king on here...passing that garbage around that is so easily proven false.

Nothing about Romney seems to cast him as a "giver"...... He is just like the other ultra wealthy individuals in this world....

He giveth to relieveth the tax burden.....
    Corny how can you stand to live in such a conservative state like Tennesse and especially in a area where there isn't much diversity. Mostly White patriotic Southerners where they beleive in God and country. Must be hard on liberals like yourself. LOL. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Now you guys know that this forty days of prayer must include fasting.....and in the biblical sense fasting means not eating......anything.

No..

"Lord, Please throw obama out of office and to show how serious I am about these prayers I will be abstaining from appetizers at lunch and will only be having the entree and desert...."

"Lord, I am praying my brains out and fasting by only eating a 12,000 calorie salad every day for lunch so please throw Obama out of office in november."

HE has already seen thru this politically motivated charade...... he saw thru it before the guy who started this 40 days of praying to get Obama out of office even thought of it.

You guys can sit here and try and justify by saying that you are only doing it for the good of the nation......but the jeezmeister takes a look at your archived prayers and he sees right thru you.

"Lets see, Ben here never prays for the poor or the unemployed or the nation or world as a whole nowhere in his archive of prayers but now he is praying that I throw Obama out for the good of the nation.....and he is mocking my forty days of prayer and fasting by not fasting."

"Hmmmmmmm"

Id say with a good deal of americans praying to have Obama removed from office that he is probably a shoe in now.

Dont mock the teachings of Jesus.... it will only come back to bite you on the butt.

"LORD, I will be skipping 4th meal for 40 days....but not nights.... and I will be praying some during this time also....so please toss Obama out of office."
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ok, now we have Hearth, Cool, Glenn, and GA...

Anyone else want to sign on to pray for the country for 40 days?
    I'm always late to the party, but count me in.

This country was founded on the Judeo/Christian belief system and the further we are getting away from that, the worse the country is getting. Greed, theft, drugs, sex outside of marrage, violence, etc have all increased in geometric perportion to the distance we have gotten from God. If you can't see it it's because you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    "LORD, I will be skipping 4th meal for 40 days....but not nights.... and I will be praying some during this time also....so please toss Obama out of office."
    But corny,
    You forgot to add ..."for the good of the country" to that statement so it wouldn't be a political prayer.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Exactly!

Two churches that I know of doing the same thing here.
    Prayers for our country, no politics intended.
    Yeah, but I bet that is not whats going on in GAs church.

He can deny it all he wants but most here can see thru the smoke screen.

If you want to pray for the country without a political intention then why was it necessary to include an election reference in the post?

Wouldn't this have been better? "Fellow h-talk community please join me in prayers for our country."

Guess not.

Evidence please that this country was founded on the Judeo/Christian belief system please. Something from the constitution would be nice since it is the most important document to americans and is what established our government...and therefore this country.

Surely god is mentioned somewhere in it.......

While the pilgrims may have been escaping religious persecution... they in fact actually were not persecuted by any means....they were actually the instigators of trouble in england and europe because they were trying to force their beliefs on others.....

anyhow... while the pilgrims may have come here for pseudoreligious reasons......this country was founded because the people here wanted to be control of their own lives and not living under the thumb of england and having to send so much of the money generated in this land back to england.

Money and power first off..... religion formed no part of the foundation of this great nation.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Yeah, but I bet that is not whats going on in GAs church.

He can deny it all he wants but most here can see thru the smoke screen.

If you want to pray for the country without a political intention then why was it necessary to include an election reference in the post?

Wouldn't this have been better? "Fellow h-talk community please join me in prayers for our country."

Guess not.
    Now, if the "person" praying wants to have a special intention that's their business.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Because most non-Christians do not understand or accept the precepts of Christianity they cannot accept that someone would willingly take care of a stranger. That is a Freudian slip showing their own true colors. Between Christians it is easy to accept and understand giving without strings attached or an ulterior motive. You see, Christians know they cannot buy their way into heaven by doing good works, yet they still do them. They know there is no direct financial gain in giving to others yet they continue to do so. This is foreign to non-Christians, which is why they feel they need to tax Christians and take control over who gets the money.

Corny obviously does not understand money and taxation. You don't give away money in order to pay less in taxes any more than you buy a failing business for write-off. Both are misconceptions promulgated by the Left, who, btw, is largely responsible for our tax code. Regardless Corny, what do you feel about the total dollars Mitt gave to charity, church and misc. goodwill just in the last year? Compare that to the Obamas or Bidens?

As for Romney's tax rate, he is being a savvy businessman to take full advantage of the tax code, AS WRITTEN BY THE LEFT to minimize his tax burden. That leaves more money for him to donate to charities and more money for investments that result in jobs. If Mitt has more net operating income, he has to put that money somewhere. He can put it in a shoebox under his front porch, which loses value due to inflation and helps no one. He can place it in a bank and collect a pitiful interest on it but at least that money will get loaned out to others for various needs. He can buy stocks, which helps other companies grow (read-jobs), or he can invest it directly. By that, I mean he might work with several other developers and builders to construct for example a shopping center. That property results in many people just planning and constructing the site and buildings. Then you put various businesses into those buildings, which results in jobs. Over time, those properties need maintenance and improvements, which means more jobs.
    Now, a common ratio used in commercial investing is 25% down and borrow the rest. Therefore, for every dollar Mitt invests, he can do a project four times greater in value. Bigger developments means many more jobs and more tax revenue into the coffers. Yes, he gets a nice return on his investment but HE is the one taking the risks and putting the deal together--not the guys on the street corner. He has the knowledge, drive, connections and savvy to work around government regulations, road blocks, strikes, etc. and get the job done. Guys sitting on the street corner cannot do these things, so why should they reap the rewards of his efforts? They are better off even while sitting on their thumbs because Mitt is paying money into the tax coffers, he is creating jobs, which improves the local economy and thus the local conditions improve. Soon, some of those guys on the corner are back working instead of being non-productive or possibly being tempted into crime.

All that and the Left has a problem with Mitt making money.... I guess they enjoy living the way they do and where Obama wants to keep them. If guys like Mitt weren't making big money and doing big deals we would have more crime and misery. You guys just don't want to see the truth, which is one reason I have Corny blocked.
    That might be a good idea... GA currently has two folks blocked at ARP... both of them are not interested in solutions... just blowing smoke. Corny may be the third one.. depending on Corny's behavior.

BTW: In response to Corny's comment GA was the king of Email... GA is not the king of anything. God almighty is the KING OF THE UNIVERSE... and His son Jesus Christ has been given ALL power and authority in Heaven and on Earth. GA respect, listens, and pays heed to the ones with the true power.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast