Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Does any part of this prayer have anything to do with whether Obama or Romney should win the election?
    Actually, NO. Read the Scripture again, and tell me where it is mentioned who wins the election.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    All you got is a prayer if you think that Romney is going to be the next POTUS.

Pray on!!

You will need a Miracle.

Perhaps 40 days of fasting may also help.
    Ever seen one... I have... lots of them.

Think about it, they DO happen.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I think part of GA's message is we all need to work on seeking positive things for our country and not reading so much negativity into everything. As for who we should vote for will be revealed to us by God if we pray humbly, contritely and honestly baring our souls to Him asking for his forgiveness and giving us the gift of discernment to see the true nature of His plan revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. Bitterness, anger and backbiting are all the work of the devil for those are things of this world and not of God. Seek Godly things and Godly ways and your life will be more peaceful, content and fulfilling instead of being filled with anger, hatred and false words.In all you do, do it for God's glory and not your own. Let his Commandments be your guide to choices in life.
    Count me in GA and I pray others here on the ARP will pray reverently that it will be revealved to them, too. Thy will, not mine be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
    THX Bob!

So we have so far:

CoolWhip
    Hearthman
    GA...

Lets see who else wants to join?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX Bob!

So we have so far:

CoolWhip
    Hearthman
    GA...

Lets see who else wants to join?
    You know my heart buddy and where I came from...I'm with the Angel Joshua ran into when he asked, "Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?"

I can only imagine what the Church in America would do at the answer...

Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come.

Is the Church ready to accept and comply with God's agenda---which usually does not line up with their's?
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Prayer never hurt anyone. There is nothing wrong with prayer. When you mix it with politics as some of you have, then we have a problem.

I say pray for peace, health, and prosperity for yourself, friends and family and leave your politics out of it. I was taught to meditate which to me is prayer. This has helped me find inner peace at a very early age and that happiness comes from within, not from other people or things you can buy.

I was taught by an Sikh Master in the 70's who's name is (or was) Saba Bu that had a Sikh Temple in Ohio.

To me, prayer means to be in tune with oneself. When one is in tune, then they are at harmony with nature (God), have less health problems, and attract others to their spiritual light.

This country could use some harmony and spiritual light.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Actually, NO. Read the Scripture again, and tell me where it is mentioned who wins the election.
    Even better...how come a country as powerful and as wealthy as ours does not even get a passing word in last days prophetic teachings of the Bible, yet third world sand lots like Ethiopia, Iran and Egypt do? God says in the last days that He will call out Israel from the north, south, east and west to come home. The only ones who haven't taken up that call are the ones in North America. Maybe they are too comfortable and need a reason, say like a financial collapse or societal meltdown or...something?

I always wondered how a burqha would look on Snooki and Kim Kardashien...nah...that would never happen here...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Count me in. I'm praying the Bolsavicts don't getit this time. I predict that it will be as bad for us as when they took over Russia over a hundred years ago. Thank you very much

pure entertainment... HVAC religion and politics should never mix. More people have died in the name of their political / religious beliefs than anything else. Congrats.

In response to Gary's belief that the Democrats give more to the poor than Republicans, let's analyze that because it is a good indicator of how information is passed around by the media and perceived by the Left.

First of all, where did you get this information? NBC? MSNBC? MTV? Chris Matthews? Yes, you can read and listen to all media sources but you must have the power of discernment to make sense of what they are saying. The problem with this is when they don't tell the whole story, which is the major problem with the media today.

Let's look at all sources of giving to the poor: You can give directly, such as handing cash to a pan handler on a street corner, give to an intermediary such as a charity or church, or you can pay your taxes and hope some of the money gets to those who need it. Now, the only way to get 100% into the hands of the needy is the first method. The others have inherent administrative costs, overhead, waste and down right stealing. Yes, many charities are corrupt. Yes, many churches are corrupt. But no institution in the history of mankind is more corrupt than the US government. It is by far the most inefficient, wasteful, corrupt bunch of thieves and incompetents known to man. So, ask yourself which method has the better chance of getting more of your dollars into the hands of the needy.

Let's look at how the government takes care of the poor: They dole out sums of money as they see fit to keep the poor alive but more importantly, dependent upon the government. They transfer so much wealth it will cost the person income to take a job. My future son in law just went through this and I have a deadbeat sister who has practiced this for 20yrs. So, what kind of life does a poor person have who is wholly dependent upon government for their subsistence, shelter and general welfare? They live in governmentally controlled housing, which is always run down, shabby and in rough neighborhoods. Why? Because that's the type of people who live there. They get food stamps, school meals for their kids, sometimes two to three meals per day. They get various misc. other food related freebies and subsidies depending upon how motivated they are to sign up for the free services. They get to go to the local health dept. at no charge for immunizations, screenings for certain communicable diseases, health checkups, etc. Pregnant mothers get free neonatal care including home health nurse visits, prenatal vitamins, tests, etc. If you get sick, hurt or need to deliver a baby, you can call 911 and a $100K plus advanced life support ambulance manned by a certified paramedic will give you a taxi ride to the ED where you cannot be refused emergency care. All this health care gets billed out under the local indigent care tax millage even without Obamacare. Nobody pays for any of this care so it call gets written off and paid for by tax dollars. An indigent can call 911, ride to the ED, sign out AMA so he can walk a few blocks to his buddies house and got that taxi ride at your expense. I did it all the time as a paramedic so I speak from experience.

So, add up all the bennies of someone being taken care of by the government and what do you call that? A slave. This is pure vote buying at its worst but they are using my tax dollars to buy votes for themselves. Its not me buying off people to vote for my candidate. Its using my money against me and my beliefs.

Have you ever stopped to see who gives how much to charity? We know Joe Biden really emptied his pockets to the tune of about $500.00. How much, expressed both as a percentage of income and in raw dollars did Romney give as compared to Obama? You see, when a Christian Republican donates to his church, he is recognizing that God is the one who should be taking care of the poor--not man. Obama and his minions believe you should take that function from God and hand it to him. He thinks he has the capacity to offer hope, which only God has through the saving grace of his son. Obama is selling something he does not own or have the capacity to give. He is a horse trader of the worst sort. I haven't see where a single Democrat politician, actor or rock star gave all their wealth over to the government. That makes them all hypocrites. Warren Buffet should hand over his wealth to Obama, followed by Tom Morello, Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Vetter, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, et al. These people are deceivers and use you and your conscience to further their goals, which is to use someone else's money to assuage their guilt. They should be economic patriots in Obama's words.

Sorry but I see Republicans as far more giving to the poor than Democrats who just want to enslave the poor. Republicans want to convert the poor to self reliant self sufficient happy content tax payers who don't need anyone's help. Democrats want more slaves to vote for their masters.

So, before you bash conservatives as being stingey or tight, look at facts.

Excellent post Hearthman and very well put. Unfortunately one cannot preach sense to a liberal mindset, as the two words sense and liberal are diametrically opposed.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Good stuff hearthman,,, don't forget the drugs that are being supplied to the same public housing to further keep them enslaved. Oh and liquer on every corner, The cops go in at any time they feel lke to lock up the youngsters to ensure the cycle.

It was not mentioned in the scripture but the election was mentioned in the same sentence with prayer
    "......the object of these 40 days of prayer is our nation and the election coming."
    Its not uncommon for churches to endorse one candidate over another & its quite common to assume a good Christian will vote Republican. I just wanted to be clear about whether there was any political direction we should assume from your post. It may not have been your intent but a lot here have already made that assumption.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Sure always shift the blame away from those who do the deed. That's how they are and that's who they appeal to. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast