Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Fourty days of prayer for our nation

At my church, the pastor has put into place a program of 40 days of prayer; the object of these 40 days of prayer is our nation and the election coming.

For those that believe in the God (Judeo-Christian), or other gods, lets join together and pray for our nation from a mess.

The theme of prayer for Christians is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14 (old testament), quoted below:

" (If) My people who are called by My name (will) humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sins, and will heal their land."

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand our country is a mess... I believe we need divine intervention to heal our land.

Please join with GA; pray every day for our country until the returns of the election the evening of Nov 5, 2012... 40 days of prayer.

Please feel free to comment.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Im not a Christian man, but I will join you in your prayer.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    At my church, the pastor has put into place a program of 40 days of prayer; the object of these 40 days of prayer is our nation and the election coming.

For those that believe in the God (Judeo-Christian), or other gods, lets join together and pray for our nation from a mess.

The theme of prayer for Christians is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14 (old testament), quoted below:

" (If) My people who are called by My name (will) humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sins, and will heal their land."

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand our country is a mess... I believe we need divine intervention to heal our land.

Please join with GA; pray every day for our country until the returns of the election the evening of Nov 5, 2012... 40 days of prayer.

Please feel free to comment.
    So the end of the democrats in the White House is your prayer?

The Conservlicans Party of exclusion strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So the end of the democrats in the White House is your prayer?

The Conservlicans Party of exclusion strikes again.
    So how did you extract this from the post ?

All he said was that the country is in trouble and that people should join in prayer for the nations recovery.

Certainly no bias in positive energy...is there?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

All he said was that the country is in trouble and that people should join in prayer for the nations recovery.

It would appear there may be... if a particular citizen's pet person (race, philosophy, handouts, etc) is questioned.

In GA's maybe not so humble opinion; this is just a different example of crony politics...
    My guy takes care of me... is fine... however... If your guy gets in and takes care of you... that is wrong.
    Or to put it another way: It is OK for my guy to take care of me at your expense... however... If your guy gets in and makes it a level playing field (read that I do not get my advantage anymore)... that is wrong.

Anyone not see the total dishonesty and hypocrisy in that?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Im not a Christian man, but I will join you in your prayer.
    THX Cool, GA (for what GA's opinion is worth) accepts you regardless of your faith.

This country is too valuable and wonderful to trash over faith... You and I can drink a few and debate our faith AFTER the country is on the right track again. Fair enough?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Your very welcome!

I look for positive energy in all teachings...weather it be from Christ, Buddha, Crazy Horse, or Socrates. This country needs something to unite the people, and if prayer can do it..then so be it...as long as no one makes money from it.

Does any part of this prayer have anything to do with whether Obama or Romney should win the election?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

It would appear there may be... if a particular citizen's pet person (race, philosophy, handouts, etc) is questioned.

In GA's maybe not so humble opinion; this is just a different example of crony politics...
    My guy takes care of me... is fine... however... If your guy gets in and takes care of you... that is wrong.
    Or to put it another way: It is OK for my guy to take care of me at your expense... however... If your guy gets in and makes it a level playing field (read that I do not get my advantage anymore)... that is wrong.

Anyone not see the total dishonesty and hypocrisy in that?

All you got is a prayer if you think that Romney is going to be the next POTUS.

Pray on!!

You will need a Miracle.

Perhaps 40 days of fasting may also help.

I used my special decorder ring and x ray glasses.

I think part of GA's message is we all need to work on seeking positive things for our country and not reading so much negativity into everything. As for who we should vote for will be revealed to us by God if we pray humbly, contritely and honestly baring our souls to Him asking for his forgiveness and giving us the gift of discernment to see the true nature of His plan revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. Bitterness, anger and backbiting are all the work of the devil for those are things of this world and not of God. Seek Godly things and Godly ways and your life will be more peaceful, content and fulfilling instead of being filled with anger, hatred and false words.In all you do, do it for God's glory and not your own. Let his Commandments be your guide to choices in life.
    Count me in GA and I pray others here on the ARP will pray reverently that it will be revealved to them, too. Thy will, not mine be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

AS good a post as I've seen.

Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast