A Mormon President
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

A Mormon President

First of all let me clarify I have nothing against Mormons in general and they seem to be decent people who live by the tennants of their faith.

That said I would like to point out the glaring distinctions between the Mormon faith and Christianity.

And no Mormonism is not Chritianity.

Their "Jesus" and the Jesus from the gospels, the Jesus that I believe washed away the sins of man with his sacrifice are different people completely.

Although admittedly I am a little dark my beliefs are sincere.

The Mormons have been trying to mainstream their beliefs for some time by altering some of their fundamental principles and lately have kicked their campaign into high gear for obvious reasons.

Changing principles to appeal to a mainstream demographic flies in the face of the fundamental Christian principle that God is immutable.

Unchanging. Only mans interpretation is what changes as they for their own purpose redefine the original teachings of Christ.

I also believe as the Gospel tells me that man is not saved by works but by faith alone. Catholicism and Mormonism are big on works.

As if God has lowered a rope and its up to us to climb our way to Heaven through personal sacrifice.

Works in this context are in place for one reason. To further entrench believers into that particular faith. To captivate them and is the result of mans will, not Gods.

No we do not save the dead through Baptism nor do we Baptize the dead. Thats a Mormon tradition they dont like to mention.

Their temples are not for Christians but for select people who by works have proven themself worthy to enter.

I couldn't get 1 foot in the door of a Mormon Temple even though we are both "Christians".

No where in the new testament does it refer to Masonic ritualism and worshipping Masonic symbols. They are all over your typical Mormon temple.

More works as they struggle to become supperior, god like.

No Jesus is not my "brother" nor is Satan as the Mormons will tell you we are all Gods Children and that Satan and Jesus are brothers.

Not according to the Gospel. That being said obviously the Mormon religion does not believe in the Trinity.

There are numerous distinctions but just end on this. Romney wasn't my first choice and there is nothing, no ammount of Mormon commercials that can tie the truth to their cultish fundamentalism.

Rather have a Mormon than a Muslim....at least the Mormon doesn't waste time praying to the East 5 times a day.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Funny, IMO anyway, how anyone can actually believe one organized religion is better than another.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY thing that matters, the belief that he died on the cross for our sins and rose 3 days later is the only reason anyone can have eternal life. No religious works or activities will get you any closer to God. Our good deeds are like dirty menstrual rags to God, if He doesn't see Jesus standing with you on judgement day all He sees is sin.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Funny, IMO anyway, how anyone can actually believe one organized religion
    is better than another.
    Its a good thing I'm not part of a organized religion then.

"Religion" implies mans input for control. No man, pope, bishop, saint or angel controls me.

It's my choice alone to have a personal relationship with Christ.

And yes I agree Coolwhip. I would say Islam subjegates woman too.

I shouldnt have even commented. I get enough of the religious mumbo jumbo from my wife. I wish I could just let go of all reason and logic like she says to do and "JUST BELIEVE". Sorry, I cant. My mind doesnt work like that.

You and me both ar hvac man. I dont want to give the impression that Christians don't struggle with their faith.

We do, I do. I'm an avid reader, enjoy science, math, building electronic devices as a hobby...(note my avatar) and have a very logical mind.

I dont play well with others either, other Christians seem to think Im too "abrupt" and dark but that has nothing to do with my Faith.

There are things in this world that cannot be explained by science.

For instance how about Gravity ? Its universal, constant. How about the laws of thermal dynamics ?

Mathematical laws like Cayley Hamilton ?

The list goes on and on.

Physical and scientific laws that just exist.

The best we can do is to say they just are but when someone claims to belive or to have faith its considered impractical.

Have you seen a female pope? So which religion subjegates women?
    Have women always had the same voting rights as men since the USA inception?
    Most of what you see around non western countries is related to culture not religion,
    Did you know Mrs Mohammad, was the boss of a camel train!
    Has the USA had a female president, What about Pakistan, have they had a female leader?

The only logical explanation to the earth, this galaxy and the universe is that there is a creator. I have a personal relationship with The Creator and I know for a fact He is real and lives inside of me. It's not very logical to think that some explosion occurred and millions of years later here we are, from nothing. If that were possible I could take the ingredients for a cake put it in a bowl light a stick of dynamite and viola I have a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The only logical explanation to the earth, this galaxy and the universe is that there is a creator. I have a personal relationship with The Creator and I know for a fact He is real and lives inside of me. It's not very logical to think that some explosion occurred and millions of years later here we are, from nothing. If that were possible I could take the ingredients for a cake put it in a bowl light a stick of dynamite and viola I have a cake.
    Where did the creator come from?

He is, that's His answer. There are some things we will never know this side of eternity.

Funny some on this thread hate Christianity so much that they prefer the religion of murder, hate and slavery because the Muslims also hate Christianity and Christians. You all should just go ahead and join the religion of the 7th Century and then you can belong to a group of extremists not unlike yourselves.

Gees. If you can't admit you see the difference then you must be like them completely brainwashed by your own hatred. Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny some on this thread hate Christianity so much that they prefer the religion of murder, hate and slavery because the Muslims also hate Christianity and Christians. You all should just go ahead and join the religion of the 7th Century and then you can belong to a group of extremists not unlike yourselves.

Gees. If you can't admit you see the difference then you must be like them completely brainwashed by your own hatred. Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    I presume that finger is pointing at me! Where do I mention hate of Christians or any other group of people. I gave some facts in response to six's comment about women. If want to dispute these as being incorrect, then prove me wrong.

Murder, hate, slavery, where are your facts over history that muslims are any worse or better than any other group of people. As a % of population how many muslims have slaves, then compare this with not so long ago, how many slaves were in the USA.

Why would i join a religion "full stop", A mans faith is between him and his god!

Again you continue to generalize about 1.4 billion people by the actions of a very very small minority.

Him without sin, cast the first stone!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast