Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Sometimes we do, do DUI/PUI check points here
    Hahaha when I read this thread that was one of my first thoughts was of a Neanderthal like facility maintenance guy that would laugh at your idea because he has a tire pressure gage. It is a neat idea though. Many of us just carry stubby gages on a service check. I think your idea would be great for automotive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Why are we not going to wired pressure transducers for our pressure/temperature measurements?

Add a tee and ball valve and we have all we need. Am I missing something here or should I patten this obvious trend in the industry?

Hoses are UN-needed anymore, IMO

What say you?
    Most the new stuff is like this already. Even copeland isn't sending out C/U's with mechanical pressure switches anymore.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

this would be very nice for checking exotic refer equipment with minute charges.
    i used to work on some bizarre refer stuff, microscopes, cell splitters etc..
    some of these had minute charges that even putting a shorty hose and gauges on could cause issues.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

I want wireless transducers and temp clamps that connect via bluetooth to my iPhone.

That would be the sweetest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    I want wireless transducers and temp clamps that connect via bluetooth to my iPhone.

That would be the sweetest thing ever.
    That would be pretty awesome. I wouldn't even have to get out of the van!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    How you gonna gas and go?

I agree to a point, but the majority will need gas added, recovered etc so that would mean another trip to get gauges with hoses.

Now, I do have a cooper multifunction that has wired xducers for gauges that I use daily, very nice unit, but rarely do I use it only.

So your patent is out, Cooper already has one and its been out for a while, I may add I have spent around 2k on it.
    I put gas in all the time with my cooper mfm300. Add a MxMxquick connect tee (JB makes them) and a 6" ball valve tee to the unit. I then leave a 72" hose and a 6" ball valve hose on all my refrigerant tanks. hook the ball valve hose to the back end of tee and throttle with ball hose from tank. gas and go. could also add a ball valve hose between transducer and tee but not necessary. The tees i have are jb A-34000, shraeders in male fittings but no depresser in quick coupler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12