+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet question

Post Likes

Tablet question

Hey guys been hearing alot about using tablets in the feild and I was wondering what everyone was using and if one is better for the apps over another brand?

Post Likes
    I use a samsung, with a gumdrop case on it, I use Jorte Calendar app, Momento database and invoice 2 go....... With an HP mobile printer in the truck, Im all set.....

Post Likes
    iPad 2 with an otter box case.

Post Likes
    I use a Samsung Series 7 Slate Tablet. I run Quickbooks with a printer in my truck

Post Likes
    iPad 2, there is no comparison to the iPad it is in another league IMO. We use York's in home selling tool and a pretty cool block load calc that's tied to the selling tool for estimates.

Post Likes
    I use a tablet for all my manuals. Plus some apps such as pt charts.

I have had both an Android tablet by Acer and an IPad 3.

I would strongly recommend a tablet with the Android system. Way easier to organize files. Also the browser never crashes, unlike my iPad.

Post Likes
    Watching this thread too...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

I would strongly recommend a tablet with the Android system. Way easier to organize files. Also the browser never crashes, unlike my iPad.
    First time hearing of this problem.... although not too knowledgeable of the Apple products ATM. We are putting serious thought to switching from Droid to Apple format for our business operations. I have not heard too much negative about Apple except the new iPhone leaving out Google Maps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I use a tablet for all my manuals. Plus some apps such as pt charts.

Never had such a problem with any apple products

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thermojohn View Post
    Watching this thread too...

First time hearing of this problem.... although not too knowledgeable of the Apple products ATM. We are putting serious thought to switching from Droid to Apple format for our business operations. I have not heard too much negative about Apple except the new iPhone leaving out Google Maps.
    The new iOS6 does have a crappy maps app. Overall the apple is a good product. If you are going to use it for certain apps it will be fine. However if you want to store a lot of documents such as office docs and PDFs, you won't like it as well as the android.

You can store PDFs in the book shelf but anything other than PDF format, you will have to buy an office suite such as quick office pro.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Never had such a problem with any apple products
    It doesn't happen often, mostly when I have several tabs open in the browser, it will suddenly close down and I lose the tabs I was on.

it hasn't happened since the iOS6 update, maybe it's fixed.

Post Likes
    I carry an iPad 1 and it's great. I use an app called pdfreader which allows you to make folders and bookmark places in the file for quick reference. Having a tablet is the best thing short of having a laptop on you IMO.

Post Likes
    seems alot of you guys use the ipad and like it. I was just wondering because the cost is a big one for me and if i wouldnt be able to alot with it it seems like a waste of money. I was looking at an ipad weather it be a cheaper ipad or ipad2 because I have an iphone and love the thing so I would think the ipad would be similar to my phone

Post Likes
    I use the HP Touch Pad, I got it when they were selling them off for $100. I rooted it and loaded Android on it, I use various apps to mobile hot spot to my phone for internet. I use Google drive to access my equipment literature of service facts, install manuals, and other HVAC books. (mainly use it for wire diagrams, troubleshooting, fan charts, programming thermostats ect ect. and GAMES!!!!) I highly recommend finding a tablet that works for you, and building a directory to access.
    ®

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wicat3 View Post
    seems alot of you guys use the ipad and like it. I was just wondering because the cost is a big one for me and if i wouldnt be able to alot with it it seems like a waste of money. I was looking at an ipad weather it be a cheaper ipad or ipad2 because I have an iphone and love the thing so I would think the ipad would be similar to my phone
    It is very similar to the iPhone, nearly identical

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wicat3 View Post
    It is. Same buttons, same methods of how you scroll and such. You can use your phone apps on it also, it just stretches it out a bit. I carry a wifi model and that has been sufficient. There is one spot that if I have to have something to look at (iom, etc), I just drive over there and use it.

To be honest, the PDF reader app does crash sometimes when you are trying to do a lot with it and have a bunch of other apps running. Keep in mind I do have an iPad 1 too.

Being able to bookmark individual pages is golden though. It saves a ton of time.

I rarely get on my pc anymore because of it also.

Post Likes
    Galaxy Tab 2. Perfect. Once you buy an ipad, most never buy ipad the second time. The galaxy is the way to go and the Galaxy 3(phone), kicks iphones a$$

SAMSUNG
    Always here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Galaxy Tab 2. Perfect. Once you buy an ipad, most never buy ipad the second time. The galaxy is the way to go and the Galaxy 3(phone), kicks iphones a$$

SAMSUNG
    Have you ever had and iPhone or iPad?

Post Likes
    Yep.
    Did you pay for your ipad?
    Have you ever used a Galaxy?

Post Likes
    No my distributor did but i did my iphone and i wouldn't want any other phone and ive played with a Galaxy at the verizon store but not enough to like it or not, im used to apples products so im probably a little biased.

Post Likes
    Not my distributer, the maufacturer (York)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in