Cheap Ether based RNI for LNS

Looking for an alternative to ilon10.
    Want to pay around 2 bills, can't seem to find anything out there, very surprising.

Well what do you expect for 2 washington's? Oh wrong president?

Have you looked at the Loytec NIC-IP? Next closest thing I can think of and I've heard it that's being used pretty heavily as the replacement.

I have some extra ilon 100's laying around in which I've been debating to put up for sale...
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Now I gotta ask, since your doing Tridium/Jace aka T-Box why such a need? Cheap customers/site where no interface is needed/other?

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Now I gotta ask, since your doing Tridium/Jace aka T-Box why such a need? Cheap customers/site where no interface is needed/other?

This T box guy almost had to do the same thing a few weeks ago with a JACE 6 and 5 separate BACnet MSTP buses, simply put IP was the last route, until things changed for the better and I deleted those stupid controls on them simple boilers

Silly boiler salesman with a commission trying to sell me stuff that would not work even if I did use it

I don't just do t-box, I also do lots of lns, so to find a solution would be nice. ilon100 or nicip is just too expensive, but there may be no choice.

Not sure where you get you stuff but one site I checked out was definitely overpriced...
    The nic ip is in a different bill category than the ilon100.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

I know some places are over priced, but even the cheapest place I found was not even close to two bills for nicip, more like double that.

Correct me if I wrong here, but the market just does not seem to be there IMO.

I priced out all my options before canning what I did on these Buderous Boilers and I would have gone MSTP to IP way over any FT10 to IP option. Then just bought an additional LON card and sucked in the FT10. The "gateway (s)" was out of the question due to pricing it right out of my market anyways.

I think there is a market, but I think Echelon's got the RNI protocol(xdriver) locked down with legal crap, and LONIP is too complex to implement cheaply and not really needed for a simple RNI need.
    too bad.