Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Is it true that 50 York chiller techs have jumped ship
    nationwide so far this year and have joined Carrier?
    I also heard that several techs have opened their own shops recently.
    If this is true, I wonder how many York techs have joined Trane and Mcquay this year.
    Can anyone out there shed some light on this one?
    No managers responses please, I just want the truth.

i havnt seen anyone jump ship on the west coast, i know with johnson buying up york and cal air there are some changes, from what ive seen and heard though, the york chiller guys are basically telling johnson how things are going to work....and i dont think johnson is able to change that, as for the cal air guys, well, thats a different story, and its a sad one.....

I am nosey about the cal-air comment. PLease understand my company in Shreveport was bought by JCI this year and I was told that when I relocate back to California I would have a job waiting.

there have been many techs grumbling about leaving around here, but so far there isnt really anywhere to go. the high tonnage market has been beat down over many years and those guys left at the factory dont really have a better option yet. Most of the grumbling started when JCI threatened to remove any perks that were accumulated over the years (over scale, vacation, holidays etc). as of yet this hasn't happened so the guys are in a holding pattern. New year is coming and surely there will be change.....

Streetsmart, where did you hear that? I would have thought that number would have been higher actually.

Flange, what area do you work in?

[Edited by RoadRunner on 10-09-2006 at 06:06 PM]

Originally posted by RoadRunner
    Streetsmart, where did you hear that? I would have thought that number would have been higher actually.

From a fish in the big sea roadrunner. The number may be destined to get larger with time, especially if market share wanes. I agree with you that the number may actually be higher. That is why I am interested in how many York chiller techs have gone to Trane and Mcquay this year, to arrive at a running grand total.

Flange, what area do you work in?

[Edited by RoadRunner on 10-09-2006 at 06:06 PM]

Can I explain or begin to relay,
    What it means to be a Yorkie day after day.

There’s a certain sense of satisfaction and pride.
    A quality added that you just can’t hide.

This badge of honor on our chest we wear,
    Is not a symbol for all to bear.

There’s a tradition of excellence from the least to the last.
    To continue the legacy of those from the past.

The representatives of the York spirit to me,
    Are some of the finest people you’ll see.

The greatest compliment as time goes bye,
    Is simply to be known as The York Guy.

Thumbs up

About six months ago johnson controls bought out York. Alot of them (techs) were not happy about it. I heard that more of the management was unhappy about the whole thing cause they were not going to get away with things that were going on

Haven't lost any York people at my branch, but us JCI techs are dropping like flies.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Originally posted by hvac magician
    Can I explain or begin to relay,
    What it means to be a Yorkie day after day.

There’s a certain sense of satisfaction and pride.
    A quality added that you just can’t hide.

This badge of honor on our chest we wear,
    Is not a symbol for all to bear.

There’s a tradition of excellence from the least to the last.
    To continue the legacy of those from the past.

The representatives of the York spirit to me,
    Are some of the finest people you’ll see.

The greatest compliment as time goes bye,
    Is simply to be known as The York Guy.

WTF is all that about, sounds to me like your Daddy runs a York office.

I know a bunch of good mechanics, some are factory and some are independent and I aint NEVER heard 1 of them sing a tune like that.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Yes it's true there leaving . One had won an award for N.E tech of the year from yrk . One of the best I've ever worked with . It was forcast on this site no big surprise .For me the company lost it's soul when it shut down the factory in York, PA.
    is this really happening or not

I Know that the York Senior Tech's are not going to put up with the changes that JCI are implementing. JCI had better be careful as there are a lot of older Tech's that are leaving and retiring. There are nobody that can replace them. There is a massive shortage of Industrial Chiller Tech's and all i can say is the big corporations had better start leaving us alone and stop the micromanaging. WE ARE THE PROFESSIONALS. We don't need so called managers that are not qualified telling us what to do....

York Tech

Well I am just coming in on the York side from McQuay and as I see it, the general feeling is the the York guys are not happy
    But theres really not much you can do about the fact that JCI
    owns York. You have two options stay and shut up or leave. JCI or for that matter any major manufacture really doesn't care if you leave or stay. Things will go on without you. Its just like Death life still goes on. So all the old timers ready to retire might as well get it over with. From what I have seen all the manufactures are treating thier people like **** because they think they can get away with it. In todays
    atmosphere as long as some retarded college boy with a bean counter degree is in charge and the bottom line is all that matters. This is the way we all are going to be treated.

[Edited by chiller32 on 10-16-2006 at 08:58 PM]

Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast