Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I was downloading them from Bearshare, that is, until I found out the Baershare has now ben taken over by the RIAA.

Sooner or later that will happen to them all.

I started out using Napster. Once napster got canned, I went to Morpheus, audiogalaxy, kazaa, lime wire, and for the last 4 years been using bearshare.

Maybe now I should consider going legal. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time until I get bil ole fines.

Any suggestions?

You are a dispicable criminal.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I-Tunes (legally)
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

If you want to go the pay route use wal-mart, cheaper than I-Tunes and in MP3 format

Newsgroups are the way to go. Sure it's a bit tricky and you have to wait around for them to be posted, but they work.

So I hear anyway, not that I would know.

Back when Napster was king I got a lot of good stuff from there. As time pass's it's tough to find good stuff on them peer to peer joints. Either they are renamed, horrible quality, take for ever to get etc.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Limewire is the best, and still free. Now here's something to think about. When you download a song from the net are you really stealing??? NO! It's called file sharing. Think back to when we were kids, how many recorded songs off the radio using a tape deck. Was that stealing?? NO! If I borrow a cd from Joe and make a copy of it is that stealing? NO! Now if you take those downloads and put them on a cd and sell them.....THAT'S STEALING! Downloading programs and getting hacked keycodes is also stealing.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong on this. I sent a letter to RIAA saying very much the same thing and thay never replied.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

Any suggestions?
    Sure, use Limewire Pro to download but don't share with others: ie become a leach. It makes it harder to download because some users use a program to freeze out leaches, but there are plenty of other people who don't care. In my experience, you don't get in trouble for downloading, but for sharing (uploading).

Originally posted by duct dr
    Limewire is the best, and still free. Now here's something to think about. When you download a song from the net are you really stealing??? NO! It's called file sharing. Think back to when we were kids, how many recorded songs off the radio using a tape deck. Was that stealing?? NO! If I borrow a cd from Joe and make a copy of it is that stealing? NO! Now if you take those downloads and put them on a cd and sell them.....THAT'S STEALING! Downloading programs and getting hacked keycodes is also stealing.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong on this. I sent a letter to RIAA saying very much the same thing and thay never replied.
    That certainly must've intimidated their attorneys.

Thank you from a grateful America.

MP3 Rocket
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

allofmp3.com

Russian site. Loosy goosy copyright laws = super cheap downloads. Payment is via third party similar to paypal. Have been using them for 2 years, super happy.

Originally posted by duct dr
    When you download a song from the net are you really stealing??? NO! It's called file sharing. Think back to when we were kids, how many recorded songs off the radio using a tape deck. Was that stealing?? NO! If I borrow a cd from Joe and make a copy of it is that stealing? NO! Now if you take those downloads and put them on a cd and sell them.....THAT'S STEALING! Downloading programs and getting hacked keycodes is also stealing.

When you download from the net without paying for it, you are stealing. When you record off the air for your own personal use, you are not stealing. When you borrow a cd from someone and copy it, you are stealing. You have to purchase the material to own the rights to use it. Once you have done that, in the case of a CD, you have the right to make one copy of that for your personal use. If you give it away it is stealing for the person that takes it.

I don't download anything from anywhere. I buy the album and support the artist. Of course I don't listen to top 40, in those cases the record companies get rich. The small guys with their own labels are counting on you to pay for their music and it's wrong to steal it from them. It's their livelyhood and it is only fair.

Originally posted by gruntly
    MP3 Rocket
    That's who I use. Never had a problem. Except for when you download a song and the ass recorded a commercial instead of the song you wanted.

[/B][/QUOTE]

When you download from the net without paying for it, you are stealing. When you record off the air for your own personal use, you are not stealing. When you borrow a cd from someone and copy it, you are stealing. You have to purchase the material to own the rights to use it. Once you have done that, in the case of a CD, you have the right to make one copy of that for your personal use. If you give it away it is stealing for the person that takes it.

I don't download anything from anywhere. I buy the album and support the artist. Of course I don't listen to top 40, in those cases the record companies get rich. The small guys with their own labels are counting on you to pay for their music and it's wrong to steal it from them. It's their livelyhood and it is only fair. [/B][/QUOTE]

who wrote it Dave or Julie?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast