Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    There is nothing wrong with either the venting or the drain. That furnace is approved for single pipe venting.

In fact, the burners will burn cleaner and be slightly more efficient with room temperature air instead of cold outdoor air in the winter.

I don't like drains run in front of furnaces from a service standpoint, but that setup will drain just fine.

That is a very restrictive return air drop and filter connection. I would want that redone if it was mine.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Is your front door hard to open since the install?
    The house will be in a vacuum if the house is tight.
    I always take fresh air from the outside

You are using old filters in a new unit? Please get new ones
    Unless the house is hermetically sealed at every joint, I don't think a 50cfm ID fan will be able to create that much suction. I don't see many houses being that ultra tight... especially if they have operable windows.

But yes, it will make the home slightly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Unless the house is hermetically sealed at every joint, I don't think a 50cfm ID fan will be able to create that much suction. I don't see many houses being that ultra tight... especially if they have operable windows.

But yes, it will make the home slightly negative.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by heresjohnnyb View Post
    Get the installers back there. Tell them to fix the drain too
    Please review the AOP Forum rules before posting.

Those rules can be found here.

Thanks,

AOPC

The installation company said they could do it for me, but gave me this warning -

Furnaces with fresh air intake from outside sometimes get junk (leaves and yard wastes) sucked from the outside and this problem is not covered by the warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by jinhuichiwow View Post
    The installation company said they could do it for me, but gave me this warning -

Furnaces with fresh air intake from outside sometimes get junk (leaves and yard wastes) sucked from the outside and this problem is not covered by the warranty...
    It seldom happens, however, I put a "extended" hardware cloth screen on my intake because the exhaust and intake go out where my wall ivy is. I've never had a prob.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    X2
    X3
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    There is nothing wrong with either the venting or the drain. That furnace is approved for single pipe venting.

In fact, the burners will burn cleaner and be slightly more efficient with room temperature air instead of cold outdoor air in the winter.

Really? So combustion principles for furnaces are different than automotive? Maybe I remember a post on this in the Pro section.
    I would say cleaner, in my comparisons, with outside air. No chemicals, household dust, lint debris to be sucked in as combustion air and burned onto the flame sensor.

I don't like drains run in front of furnaces from a service standpoint, but that setup will drain just fine.

That is a very restrictive return air drop and filter connection. I would want that redone if it was mine.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

That's true but not an issue if you dont let leaves build up. The intake and exhaust should be at least 12" above the ground,or above normal snow levels.

I think cleaner burning might be in reference to either the fuel air ratio changing due to colder denser air. IT also might be expressing how much longer the HE will take to warm up if cold outside air is able to cool it off. I could see this causing some sooting as well as possibly causing some initial condensation in the primary heat exchanger.

No trap on the indoor coil drain either, around my neck of the woods that's a redtag

the drain gentleman will possibly spew water out where the humidifier is tied in due to the fact that it is tee-d in at the same height as the coil without a trap, Air pushes past the water at the humidifier.. The humidifier drain shoud be tied in at the floor. Trust me . Ive come back to fix this from my installers a bunch of times. Water all over the floor.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by jinhuichiwow View Post

tell the appliance delivery people, installers, thats a chance youre willing to take for fresh outside air for combustion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast