+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stupified

Post Likes
    well i hate to say this ...this old man slaps the gauges on as soon as i get there unless its dead... . been doing it all my life... gauges are my eyes
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    guages guages guages.. pull it out read psi... suck it back in.

Post Likes
    oh man huh
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    I agree that gauges are the last thing to be used..... Doesnt make sense to hook em up only to find out ur filters are plugged , or economizer is wide open yada yada!

X2 on insanity's post about guessing the sweet spot. Use ur gauges

Post Likes
    I guess I have seen these posts and I partly agree. I will keep my manifolds in the truck and only grab them if I need to do some deeper diagnostics. Like my 60 pound VETO, I don't haul that until I know I need my arsenal of tools. I have a small tool pack with my Fieldpiece w/amp clamp, Pipe clamp thermocouple, wire strippers, Klein 11 in 1, jumper wires, king-valve wrench, crescent wrench, mini-digital psychrometer, and last of all my custom built quick check pressure gauge. Gauge does upto 800psi so covers the spectrum of 99% of what I would attach it to.
    This is how I was taught to make quick SC/SH readings, without hauling a manifold and a ton of tools around. Can quickly jump around the multiple ports of a semi-herm or be in the bowels of a unit at a suction port near the TXV, or on a commercial refer evap getting SH right at the port there.

I don't know how others do it, but I always like to know my pressure and temps, only way to see what the system is doing.Name:  0927122133.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  27.9 KB

Post Likes
    so ur saying that if u come to a unit and the filters plugged or ur contactor is blown then u are allowed to put ur gauges on. does that make sense? i dont think so. there is no need to put ur gauges on every single time thats what im saying.
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Post Likes
    I'm with you SLCTECH. I have 4 of these!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348833480.736600.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  107.5 KB

Post Likes
    Brilliant

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drife678 View Post
    Brilliant
    X2

Ill be adding these to my arsenal

Post Likes
    You know I started with these, but there are so many times I couldn't connect to a system for what ever reason because of the stubby solid connection, that is why I dumped the fitting and added a the hose instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    I'm with you SLCTECH. I have 4 of these!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348833480.736600.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  107.5 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    I use my digicool ak900. have hoses with ball valves. after i take my readings i close the ball valves, remove both hoses from ports and hook liquid line hose to suction valve and suck it back in. on PM's my company says check temp split. i have seen plenty of units with good deltas but overcharged, undercharged, bad txvs, etc.....
    Do you purge the liquid hose with the suction before you hook up?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    You know I started with these, but there are so many times I couldn't connect to a system for what ever reason because of the stubby solid connection, that is why I dumped the fitting and added a the hose instead.
    I gotcha. I'm using them on flexible service valves for refrigeration so I'm able to bend them a little as necessary.

Post Likes
    ...Gauge does upto 800psi so covers the spectrum of 99% of what I would attach it to...
    what are you working on 1% of the time where the pressure is over 800 psig?
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    what are you working on 1% of the time where the pressure is over 800 psig?
    CNG compressors, I have been servicing and maintaining numerous CNG compression equipment for years. From residential FuelMaker systems to Gas Station rack systems.....3000psi plus...so this could count as my 1%

Post Likes
    CNG compressors, I have been servicing and maintaining numerous CNG compression equipment for years. From residential FuelMaker systems to Gas Station rack systems.....3000psi plus...so this could count as my 1%
    that would do it.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in