Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: housing market

So the other day I hear Rush Limbaugh say the housing market is a direct correlation of how well the American economy is.

Today I read that home sales at the national level is at a two year high. Is Obama as bad as we think? Is the economy finally stabilizing?

When you're in the crapper, just because you can reach the toilet seat doesn't mean you are safe yet.....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So the other day I hear Rush Limbaugh say the housing market is a direct correlation of how well the American
    economy is.

Today I read that home sales at the national level is at a two year high. Is Obama as bad as we think? Is the economy finally stabilizing?
    Astudent how many people are on Food stamps ? How many are chronically unemployed ? Are there more and more people ( a record ) now claiming that they're disabled because their unemployment benefits have run out ?

Whats been the average rate of growth of the US GDP since nimrods inaugeration ?

Why for the last 4 years have we been losing 400k jobs a week ?

Why is there a record amount of people who have dropped out of the work force ?

And the housing market is at a record all time low. Lower now than in the great depression with cities going bankrupt and our debt 6 trillion higher.

Answer those questions before claiming that we're in a recovery.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ach-month.html

Bernanke is an enabler -- the bad kind.

The Fed is supporting Congress's bad spending habits. Injecting the market with phony cash only puts off the outcome and makes it worse. It's like giving vodka to an alcoholic. We'll feel good for a while, but sooner or later we're gonna get the DT's.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Astudent how many people are on Food stamps ? How many are chronically unemployed ? Are there more and more people ( a record ) now claiming that they're disabled because their unemployment benefits have run out ?

Whats been the average rate of growth of the US GDP since nimrods inaugeration ?

And the housing market is at a record all time low. Lower now than in the great depression with cities going bankrupt and our debt 6 trillion higher.

Correct. And see this on housing sales:

http://www.census.gov/construction/nrs/pdf/soldann.pdf

In '09 '10 '11 US housing sales were the lowest in history as far as this record dates back to 1963. While any improvement is certainly good news, just look at the left column on that chart and you can see how dismal it still is even with some gains.

Feeling good about minor gains in the housing market,... is sort of like a feller having 4 flat tires on his truck then proudly discovering his spare tire is in perfect condition. LOL
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

If people lose their homes, like what happened in 2008 they can't have jobs or hold them. You can't get a job without a permanent address, the economy and job growth are closely tied to the housing market. If the housing market goes up so will employment.

I would give a Better response but I'm on break at work

If people lose their homes, like what happened in 2008 they can't have jobs or hold
    them. You can't get a job without a permanent address, the economy and job growth are closely tied to the housing market. If the housing market goes up so will employment.

I would give a Better response but I'm on break at work
    You have it backwards and Im not sure why.

There are no jobs. So people are losing their homes.

There is no confidence or demand and because of punitive policies from you know who corporations and investors are holding on to their capital.

The Feds capital injections to buy toxic MBS does little for the guy who's been unemployed for 2 years.

Banks will still not loan because they dont have to ( the fed is paying interest on those banks reserves )...money by law the are suppose to keep on hand.

It's just a desperate attempt by the Obama apologist to make something out of nothing and fool the voters who are dumb enough and gullible enough to buy into it.

I love how everything good in this world is fake....this website has helped me to realize this, maybe if Romney wins everything bad will be fake instead.

Think I will go eat some non existent cherry pie now.

I love how everything good in this world is
    fake....this website has helped me to realize this, maybe if Romney wins everything bad will be fake instead.

I am with you there my friend, I am with you

Let's say you are a one-man country. You live on a very small island you own in the North Pacific. Other people live on the island, but they are residents, not citizens. They live by your rules. Some of them work for you.

You make a living by building widgets and selling them to small companies in various Pacific Rim nations. You import the raw materials. You borrow money from Singapore from time to time to keep your operation running smoothly. You make a profit after expenses of 10%. You plow half of your profit back into the company. You put the other half in the bank.

You have started your own small bank. You take deposits from and make loans to the residents of your island. This is the bank where you put your own money.

You started your bank with a $100,000 deposit. This is money you generated from your business. This is real money.

Now let's say you go into the computer and add a zero to the 100,000, making it 1,000,000. Have you increased your wealth? No. You have injected $900,000 of phony money. You have devalued your currency.

You have made yourself appear to be wealthier than you are. You have taken the first step in building a house of cards.

You are a Bernanke.
    Last edited by Space Racer; 09-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

I love how everything good in this world is fake....this website has helped me to
    realize this, maybe if Romney wins everything bad will be fake instead.

Astudent you just have to learn to side with logic, knowledge and truth instead of hope, whim and emotion.

The people who build their reality on false hope, lies and misinformation will fall down around you as you move through life.

There is an old saying if you're a Conservative as a young man you have no heart, if you're a Liberal as a old man you have no brain.

Its all part of maturing into a thoughtul, intelligent and honest productive member of society.

Its up to you when you want to stop wasting your time and realize the left is the party built on a massive foundation of lies.

Astudent you just have to learn to side with logic, knowledge and truth instead of hope, whim and emotion.

The people who build their reality on false hope, lies and misinformation will fall down around you as you move through life.

There is an old saying if you're a Conservative as a young man you have no heart, if you're a Liberal as a old man you have no brain.

Its all part of maturing into a thoughtul, intelligent and honest productive member of society.

Its up to you when you want to stop wasting your time and realize the left is the party built on a massive foundation of lies.
    Ok...I'm the one drinking the kool-aid...and the right is the best.

You have convinced me.....

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Ok...I'm the one drinking the kool-aid...and the right is the best.

You have convinced me.....

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"
    That was a courageous post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast