Thread: Pitot Tubes

Pitot Tubes

I just bought the Fluke 922. I am wondering about the pitot tube (not included in purchase). I already own the Fieldpiece dual port manometer with static pressure tips (pitot tubes). Really, my question is: Is there a difference in pitot tubes? I see some on TrueTechTools that are way cheaper than the Fluke PT12... Can I use these, or just Annie up and get the Fluke?

Also, I forgot to ask..... Can these Fieldpiece tips be used as a substitute temporarily?

Look at grainger, they sell Dwyer pitot tubes. I got my 36" pitot tube for about 90 bucks, and they had it in stock.

Dwyer has an application for smart phones.. Type your velocity pressure and duct size into the program and it tells you the CFM. There is even correction factors you can add such as humidity and temperature of the air, its a nice little program, best of all its free.

So, you think a pitot tube is a pitot tube? No need to buy the Fluke?

Its all the same, just a different name..

They are cheaper on the Dwyer website, The 12" is around 60 bucks.

I just d/l'd that Dwyer app to my phone. Excuse my ignorance here, but how to I attain the barometric and velocity pressure? My guess for velocity pressure is that is where the pitot tube that you have differs from my Fieldpiece static pressure tips... As there are holes around the tube, but none in the end of the tube... As for the barometric, I don't have a guess.

Velocity pressure is what you will measure with the pitot tube, baromotric pressure dont worry about that , it should have a default setting already in there..

Thanks for the clarity, I won't be able to play with that until the arrival of the pitot tube. The app looks pretty sweet, thanks for the heads up man