I have a call from a customer that is telling me that they turned the AC on yesterday night and had a burnt wiring smell coming from the vents.

This is a Rheem heat pump and strip heat. My first thought was that he was heating and the strips came on for the first time of the season. He insists that the house was 77 and they turned on the AC.

Then he says that he shut it off and started it back up a few minutes later and cold air wasn't coming out of the vents. I asked if there was air coming out that wasn't cold or no air?

I was told the air flow was good but not cold... That should eliminate the indoor blower motor.

I was just there 3 weeks ago pulling the indoor coil and scrubbing the mold off.... So I'm wondering what I'm getting blamed for....

Aside from strip heat and indoor blower motor, what else would cause a burning wiring smell...