Massachusetts Service Tech relocation.

Hello tech pals, I need some advice and input.
    "Want to hear it? Here it goes"

I am looking to relocate to Massachusetts to be closer to family. I am a 608/609 Universal certified HVAC service technician with 5 years experience in the south east, also I hold an associate's degree with HVAC as a major. And I have extra credits in commercial HVAC. I feel confident in my ability. Will this experience help me in the New England area? Everything I read has Oil Burners Licenses and state certificates. I don't have any of that and I have no experience in it ether. Other than reading about in in class years ago, no real experience. What should I do before sending out resumes? And what about unions, Should I join the Union Hall before I send resumes or will the company that hires me get me into it?

Also, what field should I look into? Comfort cooling is not needed nearly as much, so I figure my commercial refrigeration will be better to lead with.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

If it's anything like CT it's not going to be easy. 4000 hours apprenticeship plus 2 years of schooling gets you to sit for a D2 (gas and a/c) license test.

Here's some contact info and maybe they can give you some better info.

HVAC: Massachusetts Department of Public Safety Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters McCormack State Office Building 1 Ashburton Place, Room 1301 Boston, MA 02108-1618 (617) 727-3200; Fax (617) 727-5732

Look at companies like carrier and Johnson controls if you have a lot of AC experience. Also with the credits you have Massachusetts might let you sit for an A/C / refrigeration type license.