Thread: what the?

what the?

So this is in my opinion a great example of how far downhill the people of this country have become.

Teachers can go on strike and everyone bashes them, mostly out of the hate for unions, but let some bad calls happen in a football game and everyone is screaming for their union workers to return.

I'm all for sports, and I think that call was BS, but is this not telling of how backwards we are as a society?

Not everyone. Oh though I know what you mean. I was particularly surprised at VP candidate Ryans response and what I thought was Wisconsins right to work Governors response. But here are at least my consistent thoughts that I posted earlier in the "General Forum" on the topic.

These refs are doing the best they can since they were thrusted into a job that they really weren't next in line or prepared for. Given some time they or others I'm sure could make the calls better.

I've been watching pro sports a long time and if its not replacements refs getting criticized it would be the regular refs getting criticized almost as much. They were complaining on ESPN that the games are much longer now. They said they used to be three hours and six minutes and now they are three hours and sixteen minutes. Woopty dooooo! I dont know exactly what the refs are demanding or what the league is offering but I am for free enterprise and right to work. I'd be willing to bet they get paid alot more and get alot better benes than the average Joe. If the refs dont like what the league is offering then they should get another job.

A consumer based society best customer is a dumb customer.
    Just yesterday i helped a senior with his computer,, He was paying for antivirus and cloud/ backup/ all those extra add on's. Told the service rep u know for a fact he dosnt have the software installed because it would of pinged u when he back up/cloud automatically but yet u billed him,, Canceled on site gave him antivir and a bunch of free goodies hes fine,,. (open-source is the modern R0bIn h00d)
    By the way it was verizon stealing a Vets money. We can all blame the corporate/politics blah blah blah point the finger.

But not one person in that entire office Ver billing department did a Jerry maquire.

I can go on an on ,,

Majority people read the sports// Your comment should be front page on every newspaper but will it???

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So this is in my opinion a great example of how far downhill the people of this country have become.

Teachers can go on strike and everyone bashes them, mostly out of the hate for unions, but let some bad calls happen in a football game and everyone is screaming for their union workers to return.

I'm all for sports, and I think that call was BS, but is this not telling of how backwards we are as a society?
    I feel free to bash both! The teachers were greedy and yet fail to teach the kids (16% raise???). They don't want to be tested on their performance and meet a minimum standard. This should have been about the children.

The refs, well they had been negotiating since October of last year. They are looking for extra retirement. Look up what those guys are paid. Sign me up to ref a game or two! $78K for 16 to 20 games. Most do this as a second job. It's a sport. A very profitable sport for some, but still just a sport.

I would agree that replacement or regular, the refs will always be critizied. Personally I have great respect for them when they look back and say "yep, I missed a call". They are only human.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...