R22 to 410a flush on 2 month old Lennox C33 coil

I need some advice on if it is wise to flush and convert a relatively new coil from R22 to R410.

I replaced a leaking evaporator coil on June 27 with a new Lennox C33-60D that is housed in a SLP98V furnace. The system was recharged with with R22. Then, my 11-year old 5-ton Lennox HS21-060-1P died on September 13. So, the R22 charged C33 evaporator coil was in continuous service for 2.5 months. I'll be purchasing a Lennox XC14 or XC16. The C33 coil is a rated match to both of these systems.

I've talked with 5 contractors thus far, and 3 say flush the coil/lineset/replace TXV and 2 say replace the whole coil/lineset. All contractors have a long history in Kansas City and are highly regarded on Angie's list and all provide 10-year parts on the work. I've called Lennox and they say a coil flush will not void my warranty and is and accepted industry practice. Past opinions on flushing in this forum appear evenly divided.

What's the current professional opinion and experience with coil flushing? Is flushing a reasonable thing to do, given my coil is only 2 months old?

Flush it and change the TXV.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If it is an ARI and Lennox, match flush and change the txv. I agree with Beenthere

Just remember that you'll be leaving flush behind in the coil. It is an oil dilluter. It isn't like a lineset where there is 1 path and you can get the flush out with nitro. Something to keep in mind. Might be better off just blasting with nitro and not using chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Just remember that you'll be leaving flush behind in the coil. It is an oil dilluter. It isn't like a lineset where there is 1 path and you can get the flush out with nitro. Something to keep in mind. Might be better off just blasting with nitro and not using chemicals.
    I gotta start remembering that when I say flush, I have to spell it out that I flush with nitrogen, and not chemicals. But everyone else thinks of chemicals as a flush.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yes it is a chemical, but does it not evaporate, turn back into a gas thus allowing it to be nitro purged and evacuated?

Our A-S tech rep said that A-S/Trane was very clear to them, don't change refrigerants in a coil. We had a job where Trane replaced a troublesome outdoor unit. They also coughed up an evap as they didn't want us to reuse even though it was fine.

Still personally prefer not to have chemical flush in a coil myself.

i would be very leary of trying to blow out an evap coil, with multiple passes ther is no way of knowing how clean it is.

compared to compressors evap coils are cheap.

It's always best to replace it if not replaced I would blow it out with nitrogen only no flush in a evap coil as you can not get it all out.
    We really need change now