Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buderus Logimatic R2107 Assistnace

Hello Everyone,

I need some help with my Buderus Logimatic R2107 configuration. I知 running a Burderus G215-4 boiler (OIL) and have 3 zones in the house. Zone 1 is the main living area (upstairs & downstairs), Zone 2 is the basement, and Zone 3 is the domestic hot water supply. I知 trying to set Zone 2 (Basement) to a temperature around 50 degrees for both day and night (50 day / 51 night). However when I try to hold down the Heating Zone key to select the basement zone, I only have one circuit and DHW. Can someone please explain what I need to do in order to modify the temperature of the basement zone? I ended up heating a gutted basement last winter and it cost a fortune. The manual makes reference to module FM241 Do I need to purchase another module to modify the basement zone? I have thermostats in both zones, but the Logimatic is controlling everything. Please help! Thank you.

I think you can only have one space heating zone temp on the 2107.

My question would be: why would you want the Logamatic to attempt to control the room temp of a zone? That's the function of the zone thermostat, not the Logamatic. The 2107 temp setting is so it can match the water temp to the load based on its outdoor reset curve. Changing the zone temp setting on the 2107 modifies the reset curve to match the load.

You can try posting this on heatinghelp.com if no one else chimes in here, but again, use the thermostat to control the room temp.
    Bob Boan

​You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

The logimatic controls the temperature based upon a program (these can be modified), there is also an outside temperature sensor that regulates the boiler temperature based upon the outside air temp. When the Logimatic is in automatic mode, my thermostat does not control the temperature of the house. This is fine, but I need to have separate programs for the basement zone, and the main house zone ... As of now, I can't figure out how to do this? Thanks

How many thermostats in your home? How about some photos of the system?

How does the heating system "know" which zone is calling for heat?

Two thermostats ... There is a switching relay. Here are some of the specs and think I attached a picture too.

Boiler: Buderus G215/4
    Burner: Riello 40 F5 262T C8512120 Buderus G215/4 Factory Preset for Oil Fired Burner
    Buderus Logamatic R2107
    Bosch Outside Temperature Sensor - 6720617291-01.1TP
    Water Heater: Buderus SST250-65 Indirect Fired Water Heater
    Grundfos Circulator Pump: UPS15-58FRC Three Speed 1/25 HP Recirculator Pump Cast Iron
    CASH ACME 16934-0150 3/4'' FVMX-5C Temp & Pressure RELIEF VALVE 150# - M
    Flexcon HTX60 Heat Tank 6 Gallon Hydronic Expansion Tank
    Taco Switching Relay: SR503-4 Switching Relay 3 Zone[ATTACH=CONFIG]425941

[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you have thermostats they are the zone heating control. If you have an indoor sensor that controls the room temperature. The thermostat in the basement controls the temperature there. The curve that you set in the Logamatic sets the boiler water temprature based on the curve settings and the outdoor temperature. You would have to set the curve to maintain the correct temperature in the main zone, the basement would end up with the same resulting boiler water temperature. If you don't want to heat the basement turn that thermostat off.

I suspect that "small fortune cost" is the result of an over sized boiler based on looking at the pipe sizes of the zones. But that is just my opinion. I don't know what the firing rate of a 215-4 is off the top of my head but it's over a gallon an hour. How many square feet is the house and where is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by R Mannino View Post
    If you have thermostats they are the zone heating control. If you have an indoor sensor that controls the room temperature. The thermostat in the basement controls the temperature there. The curve that you set in the Logamatic sets the boiler water temprature based on the curve settings and the outdoor temperature. You would have to set the curve to maintain the correct temperature in the main zone, the basement would end up with the same resulting boiler water temperature. If you don't want to heat the basement turn that thermostat off.

I suspect that "small fortune cost" is the result of an over sized boiler based on looking at the pipe sizes of the zones. But that is just my opinion. I don't know what the firing rate of a 215-4 is off the top of my head but it's over a gallon an hour. How many square feet is the house and where is it located?
    1.4GPH.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by zooba72 View Post
    When the Logimatic is in automatic mode, my thermostat does not control the temperature of the house. This is fine, but I need to have separate programs for the basement zone, and the main house zone ... As of now, I can't figure out how to do this? Thanks
    I checked my 2107 manual and what I stated earlier is correct: you can only have one temperature for space heating. The FM241 module can control a modulating mixing valve to create a low temp. zone for radiant floor heat.

The "automatic" setting is a timed setting that only allows heating during a specified time: i.e. day time. This function is primarily designed for a system that has thermostatic radiator valves so that they don't have to be individually set back each nite.

I don't know why your thermostats are being bypassed when the control is set to "auto", but they should be wired so that they control the room temp under any circumstance, assuming you have thermostats. If you have the Buderus room control, that is different. But given the fact that you've stated there's a switching relay, you should then have regular thermostats.

I believe you are misunderstanding the function of nite setback/day temp setting. Again, it is so the control can shift its reset curve to match the load. This means adjusting the WATER supply temp, not a zone air temperature. If the control "thinks" it's night time and that the thermostat will be set back to 60*, then it's going to reduce the supply water temp to conserve energy. Whatever the highest night set back temp is in a multi zone system, that is the temp you would enter when programming the "nite" setting on the 2107. Whatever the highest day setting is on any thermostat, that is the number you would program into the 2107 for "day".

Again, these numbers are so the control can calculate what water temp is needed. It has no capability to control room temperature unless the Buderus room controller is used with it.

I would set the control to "manual" and set your thermostat to 50* or whatever room temp you desire.
    Bob Boan

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    1.4GPH.
    That must be a big house!

I appreciate the comments, the only thing I can conclude is that the thermostats are not wired correctly. The basement thermostat was always set to the lowest possible temperature.

The main house has a 1.25" mono-flow pipe and the basement is 3/4". Thanks Everyone!

May not be a wiring problem. Does the circ turn on and off with thermostat? If so, you may have a bad flow check and water is being forced into the basement loop when the other zone comes on.
    Bob Boan

Not to be picky, because it looks like some nice work, but the flue pipe and draft regulator are installed improperly. The draft regulator shouldn't be installed into the bull of the tee.

The circuit does turn on and off with the thermostat. If I increase temp, I will see a red light on the zone indicating a call for heat. I think the check flow was tested for another problem and it's working properly.... I need to confirm that, good thought.

With regards to the flue pipe, can you provide some more information about how that should be a setup?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast