Oh No...The Zombees are coming!

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Nobody finds my ZomBEES post worth another stupid post?

Ok, since everyone is so serious, (geez folks.....lighten up)think about the importance of Bee's. Without Bee's, most of our plants would die.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Sorry, been at work.

I find this article interesting....and kinda scary. I'm starting a few hives in the spring, kinda worried now.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Sorry, been at work.

I find this article interesting....and kinda scary. I'm starting a few hives in the spring, kinda worried now.
    While tongue and cheek my post was, yes, Bee's are extreamly important to the survival of humanity and we are losing Bee's at an unprecedented rate. Not good.

Last summer I saw a Wasp that was like three inches long. I am thinking that the Japanese Wasp has made it's way to the U.S.: and they seek out and decimate Honey Bee hives. Two or three of these Wasp's can wipe out an entire hive of bee's of 100k in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post

While tongue and cheek my post was, yes, Bee's are extreamly important to the survival of humanity and we are losing Bee's at an unprecedented rate. Not good.

Last summer I saw a Wasp that was like three inches long. I am thinking that the Japanese Wasp has made it's way to the U.S.: and they seek out and decimate Honey Bee hives. Two or three of these Wasp's can wipe out an entire hive of bee's of 100k in about an hour.
    I agree, bees make the world go around, wasps worry me too, I have many around here, although they aren't the wasps you speak of, I kill a few hundred every spring and summer.

Honey Bees where my Grand dads business (RIP Gramps) . He had 136 hives.

Back in the early 50's my Gramps was one of the first business to send mail order bee hives.....He would make a hive, then break it down and mail it out.

He made a fortune doing that. I spent a couple summers working on the hives and building new ones.

The really great thing was...........we had Honey 24/7/365 I had honey on everything....cereal, coffee, toast (although I would not recommend it on Spaghetti...huge mistake...icky, ick~~~hey, I was 7 years old )
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I agree, bees make the world go around, wasps worry me too, I have many around here, although they aren't the wasps you speak of, I kill a few hundred every spring and summer.
    three letters W.H.Y. trap~~~~ best thing EVER!!!! Put these out in the spring and you will be Wasp/Hornet/Yellow-jacket free for summer. These things work great

http://www.whyistheanswer.com/
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

three letters W.H.Y. trap~~~~ best thing EVER!!!! Put these out in the spring and you will be Wasp/Hornet/Yellow-jacket free for summer. These things work great

http://www.whyistheanswer.com/
    Tried them, not sure if I maintained them correctly but didn't catch many wasps.

Have any recommendations for a first time beekeeper? I would like to make a business of it.

Tried them, not sure if I maintained them correctly but didn't catch many wasps.

Have any recommendations for a first time beekeeper? I would like to make a business of it.
    get at least 3 hives, and keep a very close eye on them. There is a fungus and a parasite running around that is wreaking havoc on entire colonies.

READ a lot on keeping bees.

at first your going to need protective clothing, but after a few weeks the bees will get use to you. After a month or so you'll be able to walk up to a hive in a t-shirt and not have to worry to much. you'll get stung on occasion but unless your allergic to them it will be like a mosquito bite.

At the beginning of the summer I would need all the gear, by the end of summer all I was wearing was head netting. Gramps didn't care, he walked right up to a hive without smoke and pull a comb and start eating. he just gently moved the bees out of the way. You can imagine, Gramps didn't have any of his own teeth.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Awesome! I'm excited to no end. Thank you

Its a virus

its a coming. Globalist engineered population control. Ye have been warned.