Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    1400-1600 cfm for 4 tons
    Arizona _ 1800 + _ CFM .. 4 ton

BUT, how does the ALL FLEX duct work perform?

Is CPH (cycles [counts] per hour) set to 2?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

No CPH choice in stat that I can see. It has something that says heat/cooling stages locked in but that is all I can see. This is an I comfort stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireferg73 View Post
    No CPH choice in stat that I can see. It has something that says heat/cooling stages locked in but that is all I can see. This is an I comfort stat.
    http://www.comfortstatusa.com/CS_TouchScreen.asp

Model # ? CDT 900, page 51 of the manual CPH
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

That's not an icomfort dan. The icomfort is a Lennox communicating stat.

Very true, this is a Lennox IComfort communicating stat.
    One thing the installer did was raise the stat differential up one degree because he stated that it was off a little in reading the house temperature which he verified with a probe type sensor plugged into a device that looked like a multimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    That's not an icomfort dan. The icomfort is a Lennox communicating stat.
    http://www.lennox.com/icomfortwifi/

Ohh I see, the 1 that you don't know whether the t'stat or the homeowner is DaBoss.
    Designer Dan

Wow, I have just installed the same system in my home and have been trolling the internet for an answer as to why it cycles so many times per hour. I can't find any setting on the icomfort wifi to control this as well. I would say your system is over sized for your home, but that isn't the cause because it does the same thing in larger, older, and less insulated homes.

Since my home is wired to a solar PEV system I can monitor the cycles very accurately, and it is a huge difference from my old a/c which was a 3.5 ton 10 seer goodman with a 4 ton coil, which was too small for the home on hot days, so putting in a 4 ton system is not overkill in my 2000 sq ft home. Yet I am fighting the cycle wars already.

I can say the A/C is much more efficient than my old system as it never seems to get out of the 1st stage, but the short cycles and 1st stage makes it way to humid, was 61% until I tweaked the thermostat now it is 55%, but I still can't make the system act normal and not cycle too many times.

For example the system cycled 5 times from 7pm to 8pm tonight, yet it a relatively cool day, barely warm enough to run the A/C, my old system would have only ran once or less for this temp. I really don't know a fix, I am having the installers return on Monday, but doubt they have a solution.

I made some tweaks in my IComfort tstat to help mine. Not sure about giving advice since I am just a homeowner and not a professional. Good idea to get your installer to give it a look.
    I found I was not given a very good tutorial on how the whole system works together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12