Hello from Northern WV

New member here, been reading threads/posts on various HVAC topics for quite a while and finally decided to join in so I can ask my specific questions and possibly (doubtful though) help some others out with what knowledge I do have. Anyhow, a slight rundown about myself... 30yrs old, married to a wonderful woman for going on 10yrs now, and have been blessed with 3 great boys. I grew up, and still live in a small town in the very northern tip of West Virginia (5 min. from PA and OH borders). For the past 7yrs. I've spent my days working as a lineman for a cable company. Prior to that (actually the jobs sort of over-lapped each other for a few years) I spent 3yrs. working in an office for the same company I'm a lineman with, and had spent 7yrs. working as an EMT for a local ambulance service.

Anyhow, that's enough about me for now.. looking forward to future conversations and any help I can give/get from this forum.

Sounds like Weirton...I've got some family up that way. Most of them spent their lives in the steel mill.

Very cool Pete, I live about 15min. north of Weirton.. my folks grew up there, and my dad spent 32yrs in the mill.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy26047 View Post
    Very cool Pete, I live about 15min. north of Weirton.. my folks grew up there, and my dad spent 32yrs in the mill.
    North of Weirton, so probably New Cumberland? I have family there as well. My dad and uncle worked the railroad at the mill, grandfather worked the old open hearth mill. Other grandfather was an electrician in the mill. A lot of them had built up great retirements with Weirton Steel, but most of that went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    North of Weirton, so probably New Cumberland? I have family there as well. My dad and uncle worked the railroad at the mill, grandfather worked the old open hearth mill. Other grandfather was an electrician in the mill. A lot of them had built up great retirements with Weirton Steel, but most of that went away.
    Pretty much spot-on.. I'm out in the 'sticks' but listed as New Cumberland.. Yeah, my dad had an AWESOME pension when he retired, but 8 months later, it got cut to almost $1200/month and then would have to pay out $800/month for med. insurance for him and my mom... He had to take a job in another mill as a millwright just to survive, and now that mill is moving to North Carolina next year