Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    21

    Honeywell Bacnet Spyder information HELP!

    Hello All,

    I'm trying to bring the Honeywell Spyder into a Niagara AX and the problem I'm having is that once I discover the controller and bring it into the AX I can't get any further with it( Ex. programming, configuring it). I have the Venom .jar files but I really need some information on the controller itself. I have not had the training class on the Spyder so I have no manual or information on the Bacnet version. I have the Lon manual and it really doesn't help with the bacnet Spyder. Any help with the above issue or if anyone is willing to share some bacnet manual on the Spyder would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth\Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,694
    If you have'nt had any training or experience with the Spyder then your in for an uphill climb. Are you trying to discover an existing spyder and add it to the system? you say you have the venom jar, do you have the spyder tool?
    Go Rangers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    21
    Thanks for responding T-Ranger...I have a spyder with a test honeywell ax that I have in a demo panel. Yes I have the spyder tool but it seems to be more for Lon not Bacnet. I know that the class is the best way to go but I like to play with controllers because I feel I can learn more than in a classroom environment. Is it really hard to learn if you don't take the class??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,979
    Is there not a jar file for LON and for BACnet or is that just in the Venom (I think)?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    21
    Looks like it is just in the Venom.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    212
    If you are using the latest spyder tool you have to put the controller in engineering mode to access the control program.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth\Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaforce View Post
    Thanks for responding T-Ranger...I have a spyder with a test honeywell ax that I have in a demo panel. Yes I have the spyder tool but it seems to be more for Lon not Bacnet. I know that the class is the best way to go but I like to play with controllers because I feel I can learn more than in a classroom environment. Is it really hard to learn if you don't take the class??
    There is a picture that depicts the learning curve associated with the Spyder, but I can't find it at the moment. Im sure Digo can post it. But to answer your question, it is not going to be real easy to learn very quickly. I started messing with the Spyder when it first came out before having training and it took some time to get proficient with it.

    What version of the tool are do you currently have loaded?
    Go Rangers!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,278
    Perhaps this will help to depict the learning curve ahead of you?

    Name:  SpyderLearnCurve.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  51.9 KB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth\Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,694
    Ah yes, that is the one I was referring to.
    Go Rangers!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Ah yes, that is the one I was referring to.
    I have version 3.6.31 and WOW what a curve!!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Perhaps this will help to depict the learning curve ahead of you?

    Name:  SpyderLearnCurve.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  51.9 KB
    Spyders are awesome controllers. Don't appreciate the attempted humor with the product bashing. Its unprofessional and mean.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by wherzamizat View Post
    Spyders are awesome controllers. Don't appreciate the attempted humor with the product bashing. Its unprofessional and mean.
    Easy there man. I don't see where anyone said there weren't. What was said is that you don't just pick one up and plug it in. There is quite a bit of learning to get the hang of them.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    127

    Spyder

    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Easy there man. I don't see where anyone said there weren't. What was said is that you don't just pick one up and plug it in. There is quite a bit of learning to get the hang of them.
    The Spyder Tool has a lot of problems. I thought the old systems I worked on were bad. Honeywell is not providing the required resources to this product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event