Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear NFL

I give credit to the Green Bay coaching Staff and players. Given the situation, I think they overall handled themselves well after the game was over. I'm not sure I could have kept my emotions in control.

The longer this goes on, the better bargining position the real refs are in. Heck, after last nights game, I'd renegotiate and ask for even more.

Consider the impact the refs have on the game. How much are they making compared to players? They are clearly the best of the best and not easily replaceable in a short period of time. Look at last nights gave. Tate clearly knew he could get away with a shove in the back of the Green Bay defender (offensive pass interference) which put himself in position to tie up the ball that had been caught, pulled in and controlled to the ground by Jennings. I'm still struggling to understand how that is a catch by Tate. Maybe in slow mo, before Jennings kness touches, the ball starts ot come loose and become tied up.

I think the NFL needs to issue a statement clarifying hte ruling made by the replay officials. The play happened fast and I cna see the refs getting it wrong, but the replay guys? IT seems like they were afraid to overturn a call in favor of the home team and make the refs look even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Lance Armstrong, baseball steroid users, etc. As far as them being thugs, you can't change who you are and your upbringing. Most of them that was the only way they were going to get an education and break the cycle.
    Of course in the case of LA, can you imagine replay officls combing throguh NFL games from 10, 15, 20 years ago and overturning calls? How about finidng out a player was doping and taking away all that teams victories for that season? You either catch guys with the test available at the time, or even with reserve samples later. But to convict someone only on testimony without physical evidence. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    My beloved Packers were totally screwed last night. Granted, the game should not have been that close. However, Russell Wilson just became the first QB ever to throw a game winning interception in the end zone. What a bunch of BS! And how could the replay officials not see the pick on the replay? They're the original booth/replay officials, not the scabs that are on the field. They've been saying all along that once the terrible officiating results in a team losing to a horrible call that all he11 will break loose. Let's hope it does for the sake of the game! I bet those refs from last night don't get sent to Green Bay to do a game.
    Trying to look for it, but I swear I heard that the re-play officials were the regular ones....if that's the case, which I'm not sure of yet, the outcome was the same that it would have been with regular on field officials.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

from footballzebras.com

"Now with the replay review called, the crew chief must make a decision based on his associates’ ruling and the video evidence, in consultation with the replay official (replay officials are not on lockout; these are the regular personnel)."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    It's painful to watch. I think they reviewed 15 plays in the chiefs game and they got all of them wrong on the field. It seriously took 3 1/2 hours to play the regular time, not including the ot session.

Players do what they are paid to do...anything they can to win. Cheating or not, that's what they are supposed to do. Lance Armstrong, baseball steroid users, etc. As far as them being thugs, you can't change who you are and your upbringing. Most of them that was the only way they were going to get an education and break the cycle.
    I don't know how much of an education they got. Most of them majored in Pre-NFL or Pre-NBA. When these players introduce themselves at the beginning of the game, they seem like they are hardly smart enough to write their own name on a piece of paper. Most of them are proud of how dumb they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Trying to look for it, but I swear I heard that the re-play officials were the regular ones....if that's the case, which I'm not sure of yet, the outcome was the same that it would have been with regular on field officials.
    Tirico was saying that this is one area that the replay officials aren't able to overturn. They can't overturn a judgment call about whether or not it was a touchdown or an interception just like they can't overturn a judgment call about pass interference.

Ed Hockule is your hero huh? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Tirico was saying that this is one area that the replay officials aren't able to overturn. They can't overturn a judgment call about whether or not it was a touchdown or an interception just like they can't overturn a judgment call about pass interference.
    Not according to the rules of replay. They can verify or overturn based on verifiable evidence. When they can't see one way or the other, the call on the field stands and that is what is said. When they say ruling is confirmed, they saw the same.

I'm done watching!!! I would argue that every game so far has had its outcome screwed by this crap. I don't blame the replacement refs, they are way way out of their league. I actually feel sorry for them. The season is lost the wins and losses during this cluster #*!k are flawed but will affect the play off picture. Freaking shame!!! By by NFL. Maybe I'll see you next year.

Not necessarily. Regular officials would most likely have seen the play for what it was. An interception, which is what one of the refs signaled.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

But the regular replay officials did not overturn the call.

I am a Lions fan, and we have got screwed over many times. However, I have never seen as bad of a call as there was against Green Bay in the End-Zone!!! I could not believe it. Go NFC North!

But the regular replay officials did not overturn the call.
    You're right. The replay officials did not overturn the call. However, had the real on-field refs been in the game, the blatant offensive pass interference would have been called and the game would have ended. It's beyond me how the replay officials could not overturn the ruling. It's clear that Jennings had possession/control of the ball. At one point, while cradling the ball against his chest, you can see Tate's one hand grasping for the already secured ball and coming up with nothing but Packer jersey.Name:  Jennings has control.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  10.9 KB Check this freeze frame from overhead. That is Tates arm around Jennings neck.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast