Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbailey19808 View Post
    I hate to read about things like this. Call Manitowoc back with the serial number and ask for Jonathan.
    You mean we can actually get through to a person??? Every time we call we get the same line.....give us your number and a tech will call you back.....that does not work when you are out of town and have ten more places to be. Need more techs on the phone. (Side note, it's not just Manitowoc, I get that with Scotsman too).
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ddalberto View Post
    You mean we can actually get through to a person??? Every time we call we get the same line.....give us your number and a tech will call you back.....that does not work when you are out of town and have ten more places to be. Need more techs on the phone. (Side note, it's not just Manitowoc, I get that with Scotsman too).
    Is scotsman still 24hrs like hoshizaki is?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Scotsman definately has a long hold time, Manitowoc has after hours help to on warranty calls. you just have to wait a long time. but so do the other 4 companies. And I haven't had to wait to long for Manitowoc to call back, that be because I am a CSR and go to the front of the line. They did have phone issues last week and I waited an hour, but that was extemely rare. There may not be a lot if money in warranty but you get your foot in the door of that establishment and that does pay off.

Oh yeah I didn't state this yet. My company I work for is Authorized with every mfg. for commercial refrigeration, so we do a lot of warranty work. We have had in place for 5 years now a contract that every customer has to sign for service, with their credit card info(the office arranges it prior to service). In it and also verbally told to the customer is that any work not covered by the mfg. is billed back to the end user. We explain that the factory only covers so much labor, travel and so forth. And doesn't cover cleaning, calibrating or correcting a mis installed unit. We do get the factories to cover extra many times but you must be upfront on that and not wait till you are trying to bill. Most of the factories note their serial numbers. With that service agreement we are covered, if even they don't want to pay. This stand in court and I have had to call the police out for theft of services because they gave us a bad credit card number and the factory said no to the warranty warranty due to a mis installed unit. That motel owner paid up when the sheriff pulled out the handcuffs to arrest him, all because we had an agreement(contract).

Unfortunatley that is the world we live in.

Hoshizaki is really good on hold time. Usually get through within a couple minutes.

well i have 3 manitowoc invoices going back almost a year.......

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    well i have 3 manitowoc invoices going back almost a year.......
    I know that deal. Now I don't feel so bad. My oldest one with Manitowoc goes back to June. Scotsman is spot on. We go online, fill out claim form. Get paid in about 30 days which is very cool.
    We also do warranty for about every commercial refrigeration manufacturer out there. Not too many problems for the most part. True is about the best for tech assistance and payment.

and like the dummy iam they called me to do some work for henny penny, and they are ignoring my emails about that too...

We do great with Ice machines. Company I work for gas great repoir with mfg. I made friends with tech support guys and call them personally. One of our best guys actually gets phone calls from tech support asking for tech support. We lease ice machines too and make a killing. We easily have a few thousand leased machines floating around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123