Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    know what i did once..a business sent me to do some warranty work on a ice machine (wasnt the manufacture) i did it and got screwed..they called me again to go somewhere else..this time i billed the customer and told him to bill said company..he did and they called me *****ing and moaning..saying i cant do that..i said i did and i got paid...they didnt call me anymore..
    Thats the only way i do third party warranty work now, their customer pays cash on site or no fixy.

Been caught too many times. I film and photo me working too so there is no arguement that i wasn't there etc etc.

Are they having issue with the new ones?

Just sold costomer indigo 1800 remote
    Installing it next week
    What are the issues?

shaka, seems the dump valves have issues, and ive reflashed the computer along with replacing a water pump on one thats less than a yer old..

Dump valve leaking by or not flushing out?
    What's wrong with the board?
    Why do you need to flash it

I got my long coat, dark shade and ill make sure ill flash it. LOL
    sorry I couldn't resist

the 1st IY i worked on, i replaced the dump valve per the factory...i got a replacement valve and no $ for my time.travel..
    the 2nd IY i replaced the dump valve again per the factory ( said it was among a batch that want any good), they also suggested i flash the computer which i did..they said for the 500 miles i traveled, the 7 hours of drive time + the diagnose time, they would pay me $110......since then that same machine has a locked up water pump.....

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    the 1st IY i worked on, i replaced the dump valve per the factory...i got a replacement valve and no $ for my time.travel..
    the 2nd IY i replaced the dump valve again per the factory ( said it was among a batch that want any good), they also suggested i flash the computer which i did..they said for the 500 miles i traveled, the 7 hours of drive time + the diagnose time, they would pay me $110......since then that same machine has a locked up water pump.....

But why were you changing valve?
    What was it doing

dump valve was letting water out during frz.

Not to add insult to injury...

Concerning warranty work... If we can't afford to burn the highways to warranty what we install, we can't afford to do the job initially.

Concerning ice machines, how in the world, with online vendors giving ice machines away these days for a few dollars above cost, were you able to profit off an ice machine job 127 miles away one way?

Sometimes you get paid with dollars, and sometimes you get paid with lessons. I have had my share of the latter myself... Still do.

this one is one of 15 customers i have in this town...i didnt make any moneyon the install, and im losing on the warranty..this guy says he will pay me..

Installed a new ID1092, the water pump went out in less then a week. It p me off to tell a customer late Friday night they would have to buy ice until Monday. Also, the labor / part warranty form is has long as tax form.

Interesting, are you guys CSR's? I have never had an issue getting travel from Manitowoc. Up to 2 hrs travel.

Never had issues out of Manitowoc either, we are a csr and our regional service manager is great. You have to communicate with them, especially your regional service manager about special cituations. As far as the board up dates go, these things have numerous languages any numerous inputs. Any slight change requires a change. Even if one word is wrong in any of the languages. I love the Indiagos, they have soo much info. Good to track nuesence calls or intermitent issues.

No money in ice machines anymore. They use us as their extended service department.
    For the aggravation I prefer to send all the crap to the distributor. Let the customer be mad at them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast