+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MasterBilt walk in cooler issue

Post Likes

MasterBilt walk in cooler issue

I was working on a masterbilt walk in cooler r-22 dual evaporator ive been there 2 times manager says it wasn't cooling when he gets in but everytime ive been there it was down to temp. I thought it might be the defrost set for too long it was originally set for 12am and 12pm 45mins in defrost so i set it for 25mins defrost then i got called back on sunday and temp was 57 degrees and not droppping my condenser was running i had a 10 suction and a 150 head i checked my pipe temp at oulet of both evaps it was 56 degrees so i thought maybe my liquidline solonoid might be having issues so i took the temp on the inlet and out let i was getting 92 degrees, and checked if my solonoid was gettig voltage and energizing it was so i added some refrigerant to see if pressures went up i added 5oz of refrig and my compressor made a noise like it had a high load and then my pressure went to normal had 45 suction and 180head and started cooling the box down i dont think it was low on charge does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? i have a feeling ill be getting that call back im an a/c guy and new to refrig and advice is greatly apperciated

Post Likes
    model and serial #?

Post Likes
    model mhhx030ccc serial 0j434834 it has can coil thermal corp evaps

Post Likes
    0s434834 sorry cant read my own handwritting

Post Likes
    Was it a cold morning when you went back?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    eh not really it was in the 70s its weird cause i was there 3 days prior and i was getting good pressure and it was around the same outside temp

Post Likes
    Low on charge
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Adding 5 oz to a system holding better than 5lbs? Are you sure there are no loose connections on the solenoid wiring? Or the dual pressure switch could be out of adjustment or faulty in some way? The Ranco should DE-enegize the NC solenoid thus pumping the compressor down to about 10psi, and this should de-enegize the compressor contactor. I'd check to see how low this compressor will pump down too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Low on charge

Does this unit have a sight glass?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post

X3

Post Likes
    Yep add the winter charge to this thing...... It's starting to get cold at night and will need to flood the condenser to operate properly.. If it has a headmaster that is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post

It should

c/p
    Finish Charging Procedures
    A. Preliminary
    1. Be sure all service valves are “open”.
    2. Loosen the compressor hold-down bolts and remove shipping clips to allow compressor to
    float freely on the springs.
    3. Check evaporator fan motors after start-up. Medium temperature, air defrost fans run
    continuously. Low temperature fans and coolers provided with electric defrost will be
    delayed by the fan control.
    4. Start the system by “flipping on” the circuit breaker in the unit electric box.
    5. Start charging per (B), (C), (D) or (E) on the following pages.
    CAUTION: Never add liquid refrigerant to the suction side of the compressor.
    6. Check operating pressures while charging and on initial pulldown to prevent damage if a
    problem occurs. If system “floods” back to the compressor, adjust the thermostatic expansion
    valve as required for proper operation. There should be at least +30°F superheat
    entering the compressor.
    7. Observe compressor amperage draw and compare to compressor nameplate to prevent
    damage due to high amperage. The oil sight glass should be between 1/2 and 3/4 full
    during normal operation.
    B. Remote "M-Series" Condensing Units
    1. For models without head pressure control valve: With the system operating, add
    refrigerant until the sight glass indicates a full charge, then add one pound for each 2 rated
    horsepower of the condensing unit when charging above +75°F. If ambient is below +75°F,
    add 1/2 to the above. See A.6 above.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Capz View Post
    Adding 5 oz to a system holding better than 5lbs? Are you sure there are no loose connections on the solenoid wiring? Or the dual pressure switch could be out of adjustment or faulty in some way? The Ranco should DE-enegize the NC solenoid thus pumping the compressor down to about 10psi, and this should de-enegize the compressor contactor. I'd check to see how low this compressor will pump down too.
    The 5oz he added was just enough to get the headmaster to kick in.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    yeh it has a sightglass, and all the wiring was tight, I heard from another tech from my company today he got sent to the call and he had the same thing i told him how i added refrig and it kicked on so he did and saw some bubbles in the sight glass so added 2 lbs, you were right about it being low and the head master i really apperciate the help from you guys does anyone have a link or anything about how i can get info on how head masters operate? that area is still a little grey for me. thanks again for all the help

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in