Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Guys! I commend you on the Rules comments.

Mr./Mrs. felloffthetruck,

1. There's Tricksters out there who do not follow the Color standard. So you could match the colors up and still have a Problem!

2. The "Big Box" store Stat's are Junk. It might say Honewell but it's not the same quality thermostat a Professional will install.

3. Wiring the New 'Stat incorrectly will cost you MONEY. I had one last year where an Electrical Engineer was Sure he could do it. Hummm... Yes, the Magic Smoke Came Out Of The Transformer. I also had one last Fall where the HO (Home Owner) installed it and it worked in the Cooling mode but as soon as he turned it to Heat.... Yes, you guessed it.

4. If you check the Contractors map here, you'll hopefully find a Professional to give you a hand. You might possibly have a 'stat that won't work with your system.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Your email keeps bouncing back as undeliverable.
    Heh, forgot to empty the spam box for my domain, had almost a years worth of emails that were kicked out by the spam filters, over 9000 of them, so was over my web storage limit.

Fixed, try it again.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

You will get out cheaper with a higher quality stat that you will be more satusfied withif you return the one you bought for a refund and call a pro to install one they recommend most likely

leaker2, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    THREAD TO BE CLOSED.

THANKS, MOD.!
    Second totally USELESS reply from such a wonderful and helpful person. Wonder why he trolls these forums anyhow. Thanks again...........

You need to go back & re-read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
    NO DIY.

From the site rules:

2. Do-It-Yourself (DIY) - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own equipment. This is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted at the discretion of the Moderators.

See this link.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Second totally USELESS reply from such a wonderful and helpful person. Wonder why he trolls these forums anyhow. Thanks again...........
    Please keep some perspective. You are on a site full of people who have spent a lot of time and money on becoming very good at what they do. Now there is someone who hasn't bothered reading the site rules and is asking for a hand out from there years of experience and training. I know everyone wants to save $ especially in these times but something to consider is that in an attempt to save $ you could cost yourself $$$, I would suggest that if your old stat is still on the wall leave it there until you either get the info you need or call someone to come change it. No one can post the answer you need because it would violate the site rules, in the future develop a relationship with a reputable local Hvac company, I always help out a good customer and have even been known to come put the stat on for free to prevent them from causing damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12