Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York Furnace and Honeywell Zoning

Post Likes

York Furnace and Honeywell Zoning

So I had planned on going with a Goodman 95% 2 stage VS furnace installed by the same tech who did my zoning, however for whatever reason since the zoning install that hvac tech is no longer accessible or installing hvac equipment (store is locked up with no information on door why not open). So tomorrow I'm having a tech who specializes in York furnaces come give me a quote on their 98% unit. I have two questions.

1. Will the York Furnace work with the Honeywell zoning panel and wireless thermostat? (I'm guessing yes)

2. Will I be able to use the York Furnace with the existing Goodman A-coil until I can replace the AC this spring?

I'll post pictures of all the before and afters for review too.

Post Likes
    Yes and yes. I would go with the York TM9M furnace over the YP9C, better value IMO and I'm a York dealer. The affinity line is nice but I prefer the LX line because the price difference is a good amount and the efficiency difference is not

Post Likes
    When you do replace the ac I would reccomend a heat pump because it is not much more and is more efficient to use in milder weather than gas, depending on your gas vs electric rates.

Post Likes
    What's the existing zone panel? A good panel that stages the gas heat would work well with a 2 stage furnace so it doesn't bring on more heat than the zones calling can handle. But that requires the right panel and MOST 2 stage furnaces. I'm not too sure about York's Mod and how it handles zoning. It could get confused because it chooses its heat based on logic, not house needs.

Post Likes
    The Affinity mod will give you better comfort then just a 2 stage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I'm not too sure about York's Mod and how it handles zoning. It could get confused because it chooses its heat based on logic, not house needs.

Works great, I have 2 installed .
    With the newer style HW boards.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Ok well I will not settle for under 95%, 2 stage, and VS. Does the LX line offer that? The Honeywell panel is the HZ322, with the wireless panel and a 3 stage heat 2 stage cool thermostat for the upper zone. The lower zone is 1/1stage but will be replaced with the furnace.

I'm in Kansas City area. I'm not doing the Heat pump due to return on investment, I should be in the house under three years and because of the terrible condition of my previous HVAC I'm replacing although it works great just inefficient and ugly. You know buyers they want all new, even if crap because new = best quality...yea right.

Hopefully the price isn't too bad, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Yes the TM9M is fully modulating and 97% afue the TM9V is 2 stage 96%

Post Likes

Post Likes
    jtrammel - ok as honestly and neutral bias as you can be, outside price why would anyone take the affinty line of the LX? The TM9V looks awesome, VS 2 stage and 96%!

Post Likes
    Honestly I don't know, in some of the heat pump and ac matches you get better efficiency with the LX line over the affinity. The affinity looks a little "nicer" aesthetically

Post Likes
    I sell LX and Echelon/Affinity furnaces exclusively now. I am very happy with both but I personally think the Echelon/Affinity is the best furnace on the market for the price. The modulating feature is where its at, and worth the extra money in most cases. Especially when the homes load calc calls for less than 50K BTU
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The Affinity mod will give you better comfort then just a 2 stage.
    How does it work with zoning? With a 2 stage and the right panel, you can keep it off high with 1 zone calling to avoid limiting out. Since all the mod has is W, how can it be told to stay on low levels until more zones open?

Post Likes
    Dip setting on board to tell it that its zoned, and not to go into extended run after the stat stops calling.

On zone systems that the panel is set to open all dampers after heat call is over, you can leave it go into extended run, and it helps minimize short cycling.

Post Likes
    Yes the HZ322, what I have, will keep high off until more than one zone calls.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelranger View Post
    Yes the HZ322, what I have, will keep high off until more than one zone calls.
    Not on a York Mod it won't.

Post Likes
    Does york not make their own zone control that will modulate the furnace and v-drive based on demand? Similar to lennox's harmony system?

Post Likes
    No, that would make too much sense.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, that would make too much sense.
    They are coming out with one. I was at the factory a couple of months ago and they said it should be ready around the beginning of the year
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    So I am going with the 2 stage because I can't take advantage of the Mod Furnace...thank you. HVAC tech will be here in 20 minutes. Any last minute advice on questions to ask?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in