Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Update: Its just now become available. I may even be installing one of the first ever in a week or two. I have the installation manual if anyone cares to take a gander. Looks pretty cool.
    Haven't seen it yet. My email is in my profile if you'd care to send it to me.

Keep your old stat on standby, you know how the first of anything can go.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

What's the matter with the furnace you have? If it's functional. Why not wait and replace the entire system at one time? You'll be spending much more on labor by doing it the way you want. If you are doing for energy savings, the added labor will eat the money you saved up and then some. Not sure of York, but most manufacturers now offer a free 10 year parts warranty if you do a system as opposed to piece by piece. By piece mealing, you'll get 5 years most likely.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Update: Its just now become available. I may even be installing one of the first ever in a week or two. I have the installation manual if anyone cares to take a gander. Looks pretty cool.
    i would like to look at it too, email in in profile. Cant find it on upgnet

INSTALLED

Hey everyone I got the GMVC95070 installed. I moved down from a 90k 80% to 70k 95%. Also I gained two stage and VS. I'll post pictures tonight for you techs to grade the install. I have some questions though. Is there any way for me to see what stage and what cfm the furnace is blowing. I thought I would be able to see that information but I don't know where to look.

The tech left his vaccum so i'm calling him out to pick that up and going to ask if he can lower the blower speed on 1st stage. It seems to blow harder on 1st stage and 2nd stage doesn't change much. Thus, is it possible to lower 1st stage blower speed but keep 2nd stage blower speed the same?

I want to thank everyone here for your advice on my furnace install...Spring will bring AC questions, lol.

Name:  20121003_081539.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  42.2 KBName:  20121027_201700.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  38.2 KB

Ok here is a before and after shot. Along with the new furnace I got a larger better intake boot, new exhaust ducting, and gas line. The A-coil had to have a transition made because the new furnace was 21" wide and the old A-coil is 19". The AC will be replaced in the spring. Oh and I guess clear tubing isn't good for the drain, lol. The I got a new pvc drain too.

What do you think?

Looks ok to me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123