+ Reply to Thread

Thread: reporting spammers

Post Likes

reporting spammers

When I see spammers filling the forum I tend to click the report function and send a report. Problem is it takes FOREVER for the report to be sent.
    If i'm reporting more than one thread. I need to wait over 30seconds to report the next one. Could something be done to shorten the time frame or the time to actually submit the spam post?

Post Likes
    I have noticed the same issue but if you give it 5 seconds and then back out of the page the report still goes through.

I just reported the exact same guy (TV episodes) and I am pretty confident the reports went through after waiting and backing out.

Maybe a mod or staff can let us know?
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    We too have had this issue. I get an email while still waiting on the page to refresh so they are being sent out quickly. Have no clue as to why there is a refresh delay. IT has been informed.

Thanks guys

Post Likes
    I was concerned about backing out of the report process not knowing if the report was sent. I typically wait, takes about 1min on average for it to complete the process. In the mean time I open up other tabs in my browser getting the next report ready to go.

Not sure if the software supports it but see if you can set it up so only one report is needed so the mods don't get several reports about the same thread/poster might be something to look in to as well. If there is more than one report the person who is reporting it gets a message that it has been reported already.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    I was concerned about backing out of the report process not knowing if the report was sent. I typically wait, takes about 1min on average for it to complete the process. In the mean time I open up other tabs in my browser getting the next report ready to go.

Not sure if the software supports it but see if you can set it up so only one report is needed so the mods don't get several reports about the same thread/poster might be something to look in to as well. If there is more than one report the person who is reporting it gets a message that it has been reported already.
    Should I receive several emails on a reported post by many, I am kewl with that

I like to see you guys helping us to keeping it a clean site for us all and sincerely appreciate it !!

Thank you !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Should I receive several emails on a reported post by many, I am kewl with that

I like to see you guys helping us to keeping it a clean site for us all and sincerely appreciate it !!

Thank you !!!
    Agreed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Agreed.
    Yep.

I can report a post, get the email report, read a few more threads, and then go back to the tab I reported the thread in, and it still hasn't refreshed sometimes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    For the record. The post report came through at 4:56PM.
    A sleep at the wheel here, got nothing till 4:57PM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    A sleep at the wheel here, got nothing till 4:57PM
    He's north west of us. It just took an extra minute to get to MD. ROFL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He's north west of us. It just took an extra minute to get to MD. ROFL

LOL

Post Likes
    After investigating this issue we will be adding additional CPUs to the web servers that host our vBulletin sites. This will occur tonight at approximately 10pm CST. The should be no outage during this time but the site may be slow for about 10-15 minutes as the site will be served by a single webserver.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graham.green View Post
    After investigating this issue we will be adding additional CPUs to the web servers that host our vBulletin sites. This will occur tonight at approximately 10pm CST. The should be no outage during this time but the site may be slow for about 10-15 minutes as the site will be served by a single webserver.
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graham.green View Post
    thanks x2

Post Likes
    The upgrade is complete, please let us know if the reporting function continues to be slow.

Thanks
    Graham

Post Likes
    Nope. Just reported your post. It still hasn't refreshed, but I got the email that it was reported already.

Post Likes
    Refreshed just after I was ready to click post quick reply on last post.

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in