Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    209

    reporting spammers

    When I see spammers filling the forum I tend to click the report function and send a report. Problem is it takes FOREVER for the report to be sent.
    If i'm reporting more than one thread. I need to wait over 30seconds to report the next one. Could something be done to shorten the time frame or the time to actually submit the spam post?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    1,977
    I have noticed the same issue but if you give it 5 seconds and then back out of the page the report still goes through.

    I just reported the exact same guy (TV episodes) and I am pretty confident the reports went through after waiting and backing out.

    Maybe a mod or staff can let us know?
    UA LU189

    10mm, because it's better than .45acp

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,855
    We too have had this issue. I get an email while still waiting on the page to refresh so they are being sent out quickly. Have no clue as to why there is a refresh delay. IT has been informed.

    Thanks guys

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    209
    I was concerned about backing out of the report process not knowing if the report was sent. I typically wait, takes about 1min on average for it to complete the process. In the mean time I open up other tabs in my browser getting the next report ready to go.

    Not sure if the software supports it but see if you can set it up so only one report is needed so the mods don't get several reports about the same thread/poster might be something to look in to as well. If there is more than one report the person who is reporting it gets a message that it has been reported already.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,278
    Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    I was concerned about backing out of the report process not knowing if the report was sent. I typically wait, takes about 1min on average for it to complete the process. In the mean time I open up other tabs in my browser getting the next report ready to go.

    Not sure if the software supports it but see if you can set it up so only one report is needed so the mods don't get several reports about the same thread/poster might be something to look in to as well. If there is more than one report the person who is reporting it gets a message that it has been reported already.
    Should I receive several emails on a reported post by many, I am kewl with that

    I like to see you guys helping us to keeping it a clean site for us all and sincerely appreciate it !!

    Thank you !!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Should I receive several emails on a reported post by many, I am kewl with that

    I like to see you guys helping us to keeping it a clean site for us all and sincerely appreciate it !!

    Thank you !!!
    Agreed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    66,764
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Agreed.
    Yep.

    I can report a post, get the email report, read a few more threads, and then go back to the tab I reported the thread in, and it still hasn't refreshed sometimes.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,278
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    For the record. The post report came through at 4:56PM.
    A sleep at the wheel here, got nothing till 4:57PM

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    66,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    A sleep at the wheel here, got nothing till 4:57PM
    He's north west of us. It just took an extra minute to get to MD. ROFL
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He's north west of us. It just took an extra minute to get to MD. ROFL

    LOL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31
    After investigating this issue we will be adding additional CPUs to the web servers that host our vBulletin sites. This will occur tonight at approximately 10pm CST. The should be no outage during this time but the site may be slow for about 10-15 minutes as the site will be served by a single webserver.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    66,764
    Quote Originally Posted by graham.green View Post
    After investigating this issue we will be adding additional CPUs to the web servers that host our vBulletin sites. This will occur tonight at approximately 10pm CST. The should be no outage during this time but the site may be slow for about 10-15 minutes as the site will be served by a single webserver.
    Thanks.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by graham.green View Post
    After investigating this issue we will be adding additional CPUs to the web servers that host our vBulletin sites. This will occur tonight at approximately 10pm CST. The should be no outage during this time but the site may be slow for about 10-15 minutes as the site will be served by a single webserver.
    thanks x2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event