Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Did you see if the tech had a thermometer hooked to the refrigerant lines while he had his guages hooked up. Your system is either over charged of you are not moving enough air
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Your tech is full of crap
    Straight to the point, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by crmont View Post
    I hate to agree with Ryan but after looking at the pictures a little closer, it appears that there is a 16x20x1 air filter in place and it might even be an "allergy free" type filter. The return duct is also cut in one side of the furnace which historically makes for low airflow. Also the indoor coil looks suspiciously small for a 15 seer 3.5 ton. Please post the model numbers of the indoor coil and the Lennox furnace so i can verify the match up. Finally, have the static pressure checked and compared to the blower data. If the blower data isn't available, the furnace model number will clarify. Thanks.
    Furnace Model number: G40UH-48B-090-03

Indoor Coil model number: 4TXCBO42BC3HCBA

Did you see if the tech had a thermometer hooked to the refrigerant lines while he had his guages hooked up. Your system is either over charged of you are not moving enough air
    Actually I don't know if he did or not. So, obviously the system is probably overcharged.

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Straight to the point, bro!
    Well, the tech is from a very good, five-star rated company who's one of the highest rated companies in my area. I guess that the tech was focusing more on the furnaces rather than the heat pump. I am mad that he didn't do a good job on checking the heat pump, but he did a MUCH better job at checking the furnaces than the heat pump. This certain tech has been at our house before and fixed our basement system a few years ago and that system has been performing flawlessly ever since the fix. I should call the original company who installed the XR15 instead of this one.

But I do wish that the company sent out a different tech instead of this one!

X2 Also, looks like the refrigerant lines between the wall and heatpump have some mean looking bends, but hard to tell from that angle.

I'm not saying the guy is a bad tech, sometimes we don't get it right the first time and have todo more trouble shooting .personally I would not keep spending money on other companies I would make the company that installed fix it or remove it with a refund.

I'm not saying the guy is a bad tech, sometimes we don't get it right the first time and have todo more trouble shooting .personally I would not keep spending money on other companies I would make the company that installed fix it or remove it with a refund.
    Oh ok. Sorry if I took that a little too serious. Thanks for the point. I've been so busy lately so I haven't had a chance to call anyways. I will probably contact this company back, and we'll see how it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney28334 View Post
    X2 Also, looks like the refrigerant lines between the wall and heatpump have some mean looking bends, but hard to tell from that angle.
    I would agree that the refrigerant lines do have some big bends, but I'm surprised that the tech never mentioned anything about it.

And also, the company who did our tune-up is the company we have always been using for years. The company who installed the unit was the first time we ever used them. So I should the call them instead of the company who did the tune-up.

Why did you not have the company that you have been using for years install your new system. If the installer can't figure it out have them call there tech rep to come help them as you should not have to keep paying to get it right

Why did you not have the company that you have been using for years install your new system. If the installer can't figure it out have them call there tech rep to come help them as you should not have to keep paying to get it right
    The reason why we used a different company to install the system was because they work with home depot. Home Depot had a financing special so that's why we used them. I do really wish that we had the company that we have been using for years install our system because I think it would have been a lot easier instead of having to deal with two separate companies. The one we have been using for years is a Lennox and Amana dealer, which I have no problem with that. Plus, they installed our new upstairs system a few months ago (the new A/C in early April, the new furnace in mid July)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast