Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 545GAlady View Post
    Yeah I thought so.
    simila to ... killed by a machine gun.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    simila to ... killed by a machine gun.
    Probably

UPDATE

Well our heating inspection and tune-up was done earlier and I forgot to mention that when I did turn the heat on it was in the low 60's outside when the unit kept acting up a week ago. After today's inspection it turns out that the unit itself is fine. The tech said that the unit will operate like that if it's running in heat mode when it's too warm outside. He said that heat pumps should not run in heat mode if the temperature is above 60*F outside. That day when I ran the heat pump I had the temperature set at 74*F inside, which I usually have it set at the 66* - 68* range.

Your tech is full of crap
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Your tech is full of crap
    He checked the pressures and everything and it was all correct. This tech is from a five-star rated company who I have been using for years.

Well what the tech means is he would not recommend the unit to run in heat mode when it is too warm outside.

I watched him the whole time and he was very clear that the unit is fine. He said that if the unit continues to operate like that in heat mode when it's too warm outside it can damage the compressor.

And also one time the unit ran in heat mode when it was below 60*F outside and it was operating properly. It didn't act funny at all.

The tech did check the charge and the high and low pressure switches and they were all fine.

Ok I actually forgot exactly what the tech said about the pressures. The system did have the right charge, however. I did notice that the unit only does that when it's too warm outside. Other than that when it's cooler outside the system is all fine. Sorry if I didn't explain that earlier.

By the way, the unit did operate weird again while he was out there inspecting it. The temperature outside was in the low 70's today.

I didn't see anyone ask how the proper airflow was verified. Is the g40 a vs furnace? If not, if the ductwork is restrictive, even if on high speed it could be low on airflow. That would raise the pressure in heating...especially at 74f indoors.

Ive run a trane xl16i at my last home at 70f without any issues. Although it was in low stage. 60f shouldn't be a problem, but then again you normally shoukdn,t need heat much above 55f anyway. But the will be some spring afternoons when it was colder overnight and it runs at 60 or even 65f at leadst for a few mintutes to maintain temp.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I didn't see anyone ask how the proper airflow was verified. Is the g40 a vs furnace? If not, if the ductwork is restrictive, even if on high speed it could be low on airflow. That would raise the pressure in heating...especially at 74f indoors.

Ive run a trane xl16i at my last home at 70f without any issues. Although it was in low stage. 60f shouldn't be a problem, but then again you normally shoukdn,t need heat much above 55f anyway. But the will be some spring afternoons when it was colder overnight and it runs at 60 or even 65f at leadst for a few mintutes to maintain temp.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2
    The G40 is single-stage with a PSC motor. The tech did check airflow and he said it was proper. The blower motor capacitor was still good. I'm starting to get concerned.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast