Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    What temperature settings do you keep the house at?
    Around the 76*F to 78*F range. Our thermostats run on a program.

Quote Originally Posted by 545GAlady View Post
    I'm concerned!
    I believe that my 3 ton unit / 1800 sq ft may run from noon to 6 pm during > 93'F, sunny day.
    But, electric bills are Never more than $130 / 1350 kW or ~ 45 kW/ day. Really Comfortable _ 76'F - 78'F with 40% R.H.
    < 76'F and I hear from my wife that it seems cooler than normal. More normal electric bill $ 100 - $120.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Our electric bills were a little higher than yours, but we still saved a lot of energy with our new units compared to our old ones.

The units have longer cycles in heat mode than in cool mode.

I will call the HVAC company some time next week to have a contractor come out to evaluate both systems including all of the ductwork and I'll ask him if smaller systems would be ideal for sometime in the future. Thanks for all the input. I'm glad that I posted this thread! I'll update as soon as possible afterwards. If you still have any recommendations, then go ahead and post them and I'll read them whenever I get a chance.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the coil. Well there could be you never know I guess...

Ok I turned on the heat this morning because the house was pretty chilly inside. The unit ran like a champ, did NOT startup/shutdown for a few seconds and turned back on and all that stuff. The unit actually ran for a good several minutes and kept the house right where I wanted the temp to be set at.

Update...... The charge is what was the problem. After that was corrected, the system has performed flawlessly.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Your welcome.

Another update...... bad news... the unit is acting up AGAIN!! I called the company back and they are sending a different tech out tomorrow to diagnose the problem.... again.... ughh...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789