Thread: tools

Hybrid View

tools

What is your opionion on Bacharack tools as opossed to YJ or your brand? I am really tired of the line I have been buying.
    Not bashing just tired of my tools (Scale, gauges, vac. pump etc.) falling apart for silly reasons. I recently bought a Bacharach leak detector and I think it is of high quality and easy to use, very impressed what are your experiences?

reset

Kind of partial to J/B due to the fact they are manufactured in the USA. It's what we use in the lab at school and the stuff takes a beating.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

What is the brand you have had bad luck with?

I have seen thier products at the HVAC show but haven't used em

Why not buy appion and YJ??
    Try and true

Tek scale, forget vacuum pump will get later, YJ gauges always getting out of calibration. I think I need to bite the bullet and just spend some more money and upgrade to more expensive stuff. I like the Bacharach guages I was looking at though. I am pretty rough on my tools too though.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Tek scale, forget vacuum pump will get later, YJ gauges always getting out of calibration. I think I need to bite the bullet and just spend some more money and upgrade to more expensive stuff. I like the Bacharach guages I was looking at though. I am pretty rough on my tools too though.
    My two main manifold sets are yellow jacket manifolds with i dont know what brand valved hoses and I don't even know what brand gages. If your rough on them I would suggest the rubber boot gage covers. Seems since I pit those on mine I calibrate less and I do not lose lens covers anymore.