Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Havnt posted in a while

Thought I would let you guys know I just enlisted in the army as a 91c utilities repairer (hvac) and leave for basic in September, so hold off the "thank you for your service" for now anyways haha cause I havnt made it through basics yet, if there's anyone else that has done this in the armed forces I would love to hear your experience

Congrats for enlisting, I'm holding off as you requested

It will most likely be one of the greatess decisions you will ever make. It can be the best personal and growing experience you will ever have if you heed wise advice.

Don't waste your service years on drinking, gambling or being a fool. The service has a lot to offer in ways of free education and travelling. Do both as much as possible. Take all the courses you can. Travel all that you can. Make as many friends as you can because one day, just like you, they will also be civilians again.

I'm still running around with a few of my service buddies from over 40 years ago. And I've burried two already. Life goes by really fast even though you may not know it now.

One more thing. Anything they put you through in basis will test your limits...your mental limits. Remember, when you think you can't do something it's all in your mind. Just keep doing it and you will benefit greatly.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Good luck Dalton92, I was just a grunt in the Corps for 6 years, so all they taught me was how to kill. So get the most out of it you can, and take the good with the bad.

Good on you, and take DeltaT's advice to heart!!!!!

small update, attended basic training at Ft Jackson, SC. now at Ft Lee, VA. at AIT (advanced individual training) for my MOS 91c (hvac), excellent training, I have received my EPA card and now getting trained on the wide range of refrigeration and heating systems the military uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton92 View Post
    small update, attended basic training at Ft Jackson, SC. now at Ft Lee, VA. at AIT (advanced individual training) for my MOS 91c (hvac), excellent training, I have received my EPA card and now getting trained on the wide range of refrigeration and heating systems the military uses.
    When you get done with your service and are all schooled up on the trade come see me. That is if your coming back to Havasu.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Thought I would let you guys know I just enlisted in the army as a 91c utilities repairer (hvac) and leave for basic in September, so hold off the "thank you for your service" for now anyways haha cause I havnt made it through basics yet, if there's anyone else that has done this in the armed forces I would love to hear your experience
    I had a buddy who did that right out of high school.
    We were both in HVAC high school together.

Somehow, he got transfered to "the front MOFO lines", while in iraq.....
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    When you get done with your service and are all schooled up on the trade come see me. That is if your coming back to Havasu.
    Wow thanks jim, not sure where I'm gonna go when I get out, either havasu or possibly the local 250 union out of Los Angeles, btw I think I did the HVAC program at MCC with one of your past or present employees, his name is Robby I'm pretty sure, you run a nice outfit.

Congratulations. Enjoy your time while you're in. If you have an opportunity to go overseas take it.

Thanks for keeping us posted. You are in my old neighborhood and I hope you enjoy hot and humid weather. What a better place to be in the HVAC field!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Good luck dude. Hope all is well and keep your head down. Like others said soak it up and take advantage of everything they offer. In other words "be all you can be"
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Thank you for serving now and in the future. As others have said, take advantage of every opportunity. I saw 1/2 of the world I would have never seen had I not been in the military.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast