Hybrid View

Just got handed a andover controled night mare need help

Ok guys i understand and do ok with hvac in need help with where to start with a building that uses andover with pinpoint and scx920's and tcx865 we have over 500 vav boxes that have been just hacked on i need to check every controller and set a baseline what can i use to service the controllers without running to the other building to use the workstation any help would be great

Can you set up a remote desktop connection from one building to another? What about GoToMyPC or LogMeIn?

Then you should be able to look at the workstation from either spot.

I have a request in for that but its not important to them yet im sure that will change in a week or two when the temps drop and a couple hundred complants come in for being cold

You could purchase a device called RoamIO2 and the software to run it.

It gives you a local interface for VAV's and other infinet or BACNet devices.

It need a laptop to be used, though. See about getting one from your local branch. Maybe, just maybe, EBay or Craig's list.

Are there any graphics or listviews built to let you see what the building conditions are?

we are have continuum and pinpoint. i will have to buy any tools ill need up front whats a roamIO2 and software run to get me started

You need a old laptop service tool, a emulator, and a old PC. Good luck

I would not be too quick on the laptop service tool, personally.

A RoamIO is a device which connects to the Infinet comm bus (RS-485) and allows toy to see some of what is happening in the device. Setpoints, input, output & numeric values and the like. No programming access, tho. They're useful when you need to connect to a VAV that is far away from the Cyberstation.

I think if i can get them to let me do a remote desktop i can do most of the vav box stuff. i dont even have access to the programing part of the continuum yet so all i can do is make sure the vav's are doing what pinpoint shows it doing and check temp and humidity inputs and the outputs like the reheats, dampers.
    Thanks for your help

You can use a program called teamviewer to take control of the workstation. Works through any firewall and it has a smartphone app! You can see your frontend with an iphone.
    Skean

Quote Originally Posted by Skean View Post
    You can use a program called teamviewer to take control of the workstation. Works through any firewall and it has a smartphone app! You can see your frontend with an iphone.
    Skean
    TeamViewer is nice and it has a free download:

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.a...FQixnQodDQkABw

I haven't used the virtual meeting portion but I have used it to do several driver, firmware and software updates.
    ...and they said it couldn't be done.
    -The Ones that Did It