Old Rheem RXQA 1210 bxx - Looking for a Filter?

Hybrid View

Old Rheem RXQA 1210 bxx - Looking for a Filter?

Hello.
    I have an older home with a Rheem furnace. It has a slide in filter which fits under the unit - there's a 2.25 x 17" panel that can be removed, and it looks as if the filter slides in there.

It also looks as if the unit had a cooling coil or heat pump added at some point. (It's an aluminum finned upside down V looking thing). When I purchased the home, there was no filter in the unit, so I crawled up under the furnace box area, and the coil was covered with a quarter inch of felt looking dust!

I cleaned the fins and dirt off as best as possible, but now I cannot find a filter for it, or figure out how the filter stays in place? I don't know if a custom fit filter would just slide in - seems it would fall in below the furnace.

If someone has an idea of what would work, I'd be grateful. Thank you so much.

many furnaces came with a wire clip that held the filter in place. if yours is one of those, there will be holes that hold the wire...
    if the system is not designed for a furnace filter, there may be a filter rack elsewhere in the ductwork, or more commonly, in the wall grille.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Try a 16 x25 x1 or a 16 x25x 2 filter
    We really need change now