Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PILOT VALVE REBUILD KIT?

Hi guys. I have tried Googling my butt off, looking for a rebuild kit for a Honeywell gas pilot valve, model # VR3800A 3153, with no luck. Any suggestions, or known links i can check out?

Quote Originally Posted by 903ASP View Post
    Hi guys. I have tried Googling my butt off, looking for a rebuild kit for a Honeywell gas pilot valve, model # VR3800A 3153, with no luck. Any suggestions, or known links i can check out?
    What are you trying to rebuild on it?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    What are you trying to rebuild on it?
    Not sure. I only know that all worked on the floor, before i raised it up to the ceiling. After re-connecting all, turning on power, and gas, the pilot worked, turned up thermo, and after a minute or so, the fan kicked on, but not the burners. I checked voltage to valve, from transformer, and it showed 24 v, so if i had voltage, and fan kicked on, i assume something mechanical malfunctioned in valve?

I would call a service tech out to see why the burners don't light, could be a safety function. What type of furnace is it model number and brand?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I would call a service tech out to see why the burners don't light, could be a safety function. What type of furnace is it model number and brand?
    Thanks for the advice JT, but i'm capable of doing it myself. 40 yrs., as a millwright/semi-electrician/machine install repair, etc, etc. Will be breaking down the valve, whether or not i can find a rebuild kit, to see if i can find/fix/ or replace parts. The heater is a Dayton 3E232D, input 200k/output 160k. I have just finished converting orifices in all 8 burners, pilot burner, and spring in valve, from NG to LPG. What i didn't state in the beginning, was that i bought heater used, and it was set outside, with gas pipe facing up, and top end was open to the weather. There was a lot of wet sludge in input end of valve, and i'm thinking some of it may be still inside, clogging something up. I may luck out, and be able to clean inside, and free problem area up? But i like to look ahead, therefore the request for info on purchasing a rebuild kit. A lot cheaper than purchasing a new valve. Would pick up a used valve, if i could find one

Betcha your manifold pressure is all kinds of messed up and you're going to "rebuild" the gas valve only to be back at square 1.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Betcha your manifold pressure is all kinds of messed up and you're going to "rebuild" the gas valve only to be back at square 1.
    And what would cause the manifold pressure to be "all messed up", if it worked fine on the garage floor yesterday, but wouldn't when i raised it up to the ceiling today????

No rebuild kits for valves.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site. Please read our site rules, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Just to keep you safe...gas valves do NOT get rebuilt. It's flat out not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Just to keep you safe...gas valves do NOT get rebuilt. It's flat out not allowed.

No offense, but, if you were capable of making the repair, then you'd have made it already.

Call a professional before something gets blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by 903ASP View Post
    although it may make economic sense to make a rebuild kit, it doesn't make sense in the realm of safety.

Your working with a device that creates a controlled explosion inside a vestibule.
    Imagine if an internal spring slips, and blows gas constantly, then 20 minutes later it tries to fire.

It's not worth the risk, and there are an extremely small portion of our industry that would even attempt what your suggesting.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I think the next time we hear about this will be on the local news.

Well, i thank you all for your concern,advice, and of course the couple of "JABS". As you stated Beenthere, it is not a DIY site, so i'll move on. ADIOS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast