Post Likes

CGAM Chiller High Suction temp

I been having a problem with a CGAM 100F I been getting High Temp Suction alarms It started out reading in the 90's i changed the senor bonding ad all worked great them about 3 months problem again new Sensor worked great 3-4 months again changed sensor been going on for about a year now,, Now went down again but this time temp reading is 58-62 depending on suction pressure, saturated temp and txv position which makes sense,, Now when second compressor comes on all pressure and saturated temp all looks normal . But when second compressor comes within minutes I have a High Suction Temp Alarm with Sensor reading 60-64 and actually temp, suction line with a digital thermometer shows 53 actual temp drops when second compressor comes on

Any Feed back please

2. Likes Reyaz Alam liked this post
    Post Likes
    Hate to say it may be another sensor. Have had them read right at one temp and not at another temp. I'd test it in warm water and ice water to see if it tracks properly.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    The diagnostic is "Suction temp too high" and this is called when the suction temp is 5.4°F above the entering water temp for more then 5 continuous minutes, with that said both temp sensors must be spot on with it's calibration no more than 1F from the real temp (assuming your own tester is calibrated).

Check starts and hours, excessive cycling could stress the temp sensor also this may seem silly but make sure the circuit breakers for all compressors are not tripped.
    After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F

Post Likes
    Thanks It was what i found High suction from the High temp from entering water temp , The sensor was not sitting well in well So i got some pipe dope to tighten sensor in well and it Fixed the the problem... Before doing this I check water inlet and out , and suction temp with Ice water was so close to 32 so I know they where reading correctly so I played around with it and found the problem Thanks for the Help

Post Likes
    Be sure to only hand tighten the nut on the wire! Too tight and it will cause a premature failure!
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Put some heat transfer paste on the sensor, check the global connectors for corrosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Dear now same alarm in my chiller Suction Temperature Too High i replace sensor after again one alarm loss of charge please help me how is solved this one

Post Likes
    Loss of charge find and fix the leak weigh in proper charge
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I have had this issue, also. Like "COACH07" in post # 4, above, I found an excess of thermal compound in the well prevented the thermal bulb from seating in the bottom of the well. I used a piece of flat sil-phos brazing rod, to make sure there is a clear path to the bottom of the well. The bulb has to reach the bottom of the well to accurately read the Suction Line temperature.
    Sometimes "more" is not better.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by referteacher View Post
    I have had this issue, also. Like "COACH07" in post # 4, above, I found an excess of thermal compound in the well prevented the thermal bulb from seating in the bottom of the well. I used a piece of flat sil-phos brazing rod, to make sure there is a clear path to the bottom of the well. The bulb has to reach the bottom of the well to accurately read the Suction Line temperature.
    Sometimes "more" is not better.
    Is that you mr. wessell ?