Hybrid View

correct layout of refrigeration piping in walk-in freezer

Good evening to everyone.
    Most of the time I see that in walk-in freezers, the suction and liquid lines connected to the evaporator go immediately up and through the ceiling panel, exiting the walk-in as soon as possible. Is it correct to run the same lines across the walk-in and then though the wall panel? Does the low temp (-20F) may have some effect on the pipe insulation and/or the liquid refrigerant going through the liquid line?
    Thank you for any responses.

Just make sure the suction line is insulated properly, glue the ends of the armaflex to each other, secure it to the box, and make it look nice
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

All of mine do just a you say. What wall thickness do you guys typically use on both medium and low temp applications? I've had so much trouble with condensation from the installer using 1/2" wall thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    All of mine do just a you say. What wall thickness do you guys typically use on both medium and low temp applications? I've had so much trouble with condensation from the installer using 1/2" wall thickness.
    I use 3/4" wall on medium temp and 1" on low temp.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_n_go View Post
    I use 3/4" wall on medium temp and 1" on low temp.
    ditto
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

One more thought about the piping being installed through the inside of the walk-in: the supports and hangers for the pipes most likely would have bolts going all the way through the walls and ceiling, with the possibility of condensation once these bolts get to the outside. Do you know of any design or type of support/hanger that minimizes this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by coldseeker2012 View Post
    One more thought about the piping being installed through the inside of the walk-in: the supports and hangers for the pipes most likely would have bolts going all the way through the walls and ceiling, with the possibility of condensation once these bolts get to the outside. Do you know of any design or type of support/hanger that minimizes this problem?
    Some installation specs call for nylon threaded bolts or rod like this:
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...4519&catid=668

I have used it, but have found the nylon easy to work with but it's easy to strip the threads if you're not careful.

Refrigeration Hardware has some fiberglass reinforced rod which works quite well and is a lot stronger (See p.125):
    http://www.rhsparts.com/pdf/2007GENP...ag%20Bolts.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by coldseeker2012 View Post
    What do mean? Are you talking about using all thread to go thru the ceiling and using pipe hangars? I like mounting uni-strut with pipe hangars. Depending on what's going in there you would be flirting with danger of having everything being eaten by acid. I would use all stainless steel hardware.